5 Thoughts While Cleaning Your Room

5 Thoughts While Cleaning Your Room

Some things that I run into every time I try to clean.

5
5 Thoughts While Cleaning Your Room
Flickr

Every girl's nightmare: having last minute pans and not being able to find that pair of shoes you wore last week to that party or that little black dress that makes you look your best. Sometimes life gets the best of us and our rooms, cars, and life becomes a little bit disorganized. I am no stranger to this. Having a very hectic life and always working during the summer, I have a very disorganized room. Since coming home in May from college, I had set aside a few weeks before woking to actually clean my room. it is now august, a few weeks before school starts back up again and my room is in no better shape than it was in May. I still have boxes packed in my basement with items from college that I obviously don't care about enough to have unpacked. Since I have started this process of cleaning several times over the past few months and inevitably over my twenty years on this earth, here are some things that I run into everytime I try to clean.

1. Finding That One Thing From Forever Ago That You Thought You Lost But It Was Just Misplaced Under The Mess

Remember that necklace that you bought on your trip to Florida with the seashell in the shape of a flower that you swore that you'd always wear but took off one night to take a shower and it magically disappeared? There it was buried under your schoolbag.

2. When Did I Get So Many Clothes?

Working in customer service and retail, it's easy to walk home a couple times a week with a shirt or two until you try to go put it in your closet or dresser and find out that you have no room. Better yet, you wear the same four shirts all of the time.

3. When Did I get This?

I ask myself this all of the time. Usually it's a shirt or a book and then I spend an hour trying to think of where I got it and why. Was it that random trip that I made to New Hampshire or the salvation army?

4. How Did I let It Get This Bad?

I usually spend twenty minutes trying to remember when I let my life spin out of control and how my room actually turned out so messy.

5. I Don't Have Enough Hangers.

Going back to the too many clothes question.