Five Things That Trick Us Into Thinking We're Organized

Because it's that time of the year again.

5
Panama City Mall

Whether we want to believe it or not, fall semester is upon us. Not only do these next few weeks present us with new classes and new friends, but they also bring along the opportunity for us to get organized (LOL) and start out the school year with a fresh slate (aka: trying to forget the damage we did to our GPA last semester).

Here are 5 things that deceive us into thinking we've actually got our lives together at the beginning of each semester:

1. An agenda.

Ahhh, * the agenda. * Your whole 12 month calendar year, empty, just waiting to be filled with every detail of your life. You can keep track of all your friends' birthdays, your assignment due dates, and exam dates. Not only are you bound to feel stressed about actually keeping up with it every day, thus abandoning your valiant efforts, but you'll find yourself wondering "why didn't I keep up with that?" at the beginning of the next semester.

2. A fresh set of highlighters.

There's something about inappropriately highlighting unimportant things that brings comfort to one's conscience. Whether it's highlighting all of the actual work you'll have to do on your syllabi or doodling all over your notes in wild colors, admit it- you're all about it.

3. The library.

On your first walk-through of the semester you think to yourself "I'll know this place like the back of my hand by the end of the semester!"... little do you realize how fast study rooms fill up and how rare it is to actually book one for yourself. Soon the walk to and from will seem "too long" and the only reason you'll go is to grab Eliza's/DaVinci's between class. It's the thought that counts, right?

4. Your refund check.

Though not all of us are privileged enough to receive a refund check, those who do know it to be a blessing in disguise. It provides stability for the first 3-5 weeks of class so you're not crazy stressed about your financial situation. Little does one realize that all of the visits to Starbucks and weekends at Bent are stealing their money from them little by little until they receive the text from PNC confirming the $0.67 balance in their account. Permission to stress: granted.

5. Your sleep schedule.

For the first time in forever you've got control of your sleep schedule! You can set a "bed time" and set an early alarm to "cease the day"... until you find yourself awake at 2 am the morning classes start. Things will never be the same.

If you're somehow able to stay organized throughout the semester, you must share your secrets with the rest of us. Otherwise,unexpected exam days and rushed papers we had no clue were assigned will be a thing... like, forever.