5 Things That Make Any Friend A Real MVP

Thank You For Always Going The Extra Mile
198

Inevitably, there are going to be people in life that rub you the wrong way. Sometimes it’ll be super easy to put your finger on the reason why, but other times you’ll just get that spidey sense that says “Yeah, I’m not part of your crowd”. Lately, I’ve been taking time to appreciate the people in my life, and really consider why I love them so much. While I know each friendship has its unique qualities, here are some things we can all agree make a friend more than just a buddy, but a real MVP:

Helping You Move

It’s the worst. There’s no other way to put it. It’s the last thing anyone wants to do, and most people will come up with any excuse they can to be busy when it comes to helping someone move. I don’t blame them, it sucks! However, those who give up their free time to schlep all of your stuff around and help you organize deserve an award. It’s not fun, but you stick it out together and create a space that feels homier. When I moved into my current apartment, it was just myself, my friend, and our two little cars. No parents, no carts to help carry stuff, just us against the stairs and the clock. I’ll never forget the days when my friends would come over and help me organize, or when I would go to their place and help them move furniture. I’m not completely dreading doing it all again this fall.

Taking You To The Airport

It’s another one of those things that are just a pure annoyance. It’s usually either super early in the morning, late at night, or best of all, during rush hour. It typically takes a bribe of some kind. “I’ll buy you breakfast!” or “I’ll buy your gas!” or “We can grab dinner on my way back home!”. It’s very unusual to find a friend who will do this out of the kindness of their own heart. To those who do, I salute you. You’re the best kind of people.

Just Being There When You Need To Vent

It sounds like a no-brainer, right? For some people who don’t have deep friendships, listening to someone vent can feel like a burden. Maybe you’re not interested in the subject they’re complaining about or you yourself have had a long day and this is the last thing you need. I’ve got to hand it to my best friends, for those of you that actually engage in conversations with me when I complain, you rock. Even better when they have opinions of their own on the matter. Real MVP material, folks.

Offering Up Their Closet For Any Occasion

We’ve all been there. “I have nothing to wear!” My besties never fail to step in when there’s a fashion emergency. After all, we’re all too broke to be buying new clothes for every occasion. It must’ve been a sign our friendships were meant to be when I found out that my two best friends and I share the same size in just about everything.

Always Supporting You

A part of friendship that gets tested on the regular. Sure, we all get on each other’s nerves from time to time, but I know if I was in trouble, my friends would be there for me in an instant, supporting me through thick and thin. The best of the best outlast the rest.

Thank you to those in my life who make existing so much more fun, convenient, and enjoyable. We all should cherish those in our lives that make us feel special. I’m forever grateful.