5 Things That Introverted People Are Used To Hearing

I'd advise you to stop saying these things.

17
FluencePortland

Everyone has a different personality type. Some people enjoy getting outside, meeting new people and talking to them, and then there are people who prefer to stay inside. There are others who enjoy both going out and meeting new people and also staying in and having alone time. There is nothing wrong with either personality type, but there are those people that do not understand the other. This is where some controversy and unfair situations come into play.

The extrovert (energy from outside) versus introvert (energy from inside) battle is too much. Extroverts are those who like to be out having fun, meeting and talking to many people, new or familiar. An introvert is someone who still likes to do these things, just limited and have their alone time to revive their energy. Extroverts have the tendency to not understand the introverted ways, and that's okay, because introverts do not understand how extroverts work either. The bad part about this, is that each party is constantly questioned about how they live their lives.

Here are five of the most common comments/questions I get and I am sure that other people get just because they are introverted:

1. What's wrong?

This is the question I get the most. I hear that the only reason I get this is because I talk in a tone that sounds like I am sad, or my eyes look like I just got done crying. Neither is the case. Most times I am fine, not a problem in the world, yet someone comes up to me and without even saying hello, the first thing that comes out is "What's wrong?"

2. You never really talk...do you even have friends?

I get the most angry about this one, because I talk a lot actually. My FRIENDS often tell me to shut up. Yes I do have friends. Many actually. If I am not talking it's because I either don't particularly take a liking to you, I am not paying attention, or I literally have nothing to say.

3. Why don't you stop staying at home? Let's go out.

No. I don't want to go out. Sometimes I do. A lot of the times I do. But there are times that I don't want to go home and I don't appreciate you nagging at me because I stay home a lot. If I want to go out, I will.

4. I'm sorry, but you just aren't approachable.

Is it because of my RBF (I'm sure you all know what that means)? If so whatever. That's just my face, and it's just your opinion. Just because I am introverted doesn't mean that I am not approachable or I am not fun, etc. That's almost like you being obnoxiously extroverted makes you approachable, you as a person makes you approachable, not just because I have RBF and are introverted.

5. Why are you always so nervous?

This isn't for every introvert, but many introverts have a problem with anxiety and social anxiety. That tends to be what holds them back from going out and meeting new people on a daily basis. I don't blame them because I deal with this all the time. I have a hard time talking to anyone who has authority over me, it could even be a friend. I feel like they are going to take the words I say and misunderstand them and become upset with me and I couldn't deal with that, so I just stay quiet. Many introverts deal with this interactions and just stay quiet.

Being introverted isn't bad, and being extroverted isn't bad. I just think that we as humans should be more considerate of each type and help them through some of their weaknesses together, not really comment or hurt the other's feelings just because of how they are a person. Take this into consideration next time.