5 Signs You've Caught Senioritis

5 Signs You've Caught Senioritis

How to Know if You've Been Infected?

27
5 Signs You've Caught Senioritis
The Rattler

Senioritis is a term used for high school or college seniors who have survived to the bitter end. It's a condition when everything and nothing matters all at the same time. Finals are coming up, but it's okay because you've already calculated the lowest scores you can make to pass each class. You laugh at the fact that you must wake up at 7am even though it's been the routine for the last four years, and rather take the extra 10 min to sleep then actually get ready for school. You've been wearing the same variation of nike shorts and big t-shirts for the last three months, and can't remember the last time you've brushed your hair. Make up becomes less and less important, because really who are you trying to impress? If any of this sounds a tad bit relatable here are the 5 signs to clarify that you have caught senioritis.

1. Short term memory loss

When it comes to remembering dates for papers, test, and assignments, your short term memory loss starts to kick in, and it only becomes possible to start assignments last minute due to your increasingly strong procrastination symptoms.

2. Anxiety or feelings of Discomfort

You’ve been experiencing feelings of restlessness when being contained in the same building for 7 hours, and you have a hard time not checking the time every two minutes when sitting in class for long periods of time. You may also become very skilled at making excuses to leave the class under any circumstance. Bladder infection? Sever dry throat? The bathroom or water fountains always prompt the perfect escape.

3. Inclination to skip class

You have started feeling a desire to skip class, and if you're not in the running for exemptions, you find yourself taking the maximum number of possible absences before having make up hours. You consider Mondays to be optional, and every Friday to be senior skip day.

4. Temporary Wardrobe Downgrade

You can’t remember the last time you wore real pants to class and your sense of style has completely diminished. You’ve built up an allergy to jeans and real bras, but hopefully it's one of those kind of things you grow out of right?

5. The Ability to Go From a 3 to a Solid 10 With a Little Weekend Motivation

Makeup? whats that??? The person you look like at school compared to the weekend you is like two different people. “Jackie.. is that you????”

If you were one of the lucky few immune to Senioritis congratulations!! But if not, only 16 more days class of 2016!