5 Reasons Women Don't Belong In Politics

This is why we need men to lead us.

2594
Flickr Creative Commons

The political representation in our country is primarily made up of white males. This has historically always been the case, but in recent years, we have been moving towards a more equal representation. This change is occurring very, very slowly, but is happening nonetheless. We are seeing more female members of Congress and have had several female Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates. So even though it seems like we're moving towards more representational leadership for both genders, and hopefully better leadership for our country, I have to ask the question. Are we?

We’ve all heard at one point or another that women don’t belong in politics. And before you scream sexist, hear me out. There are a number of reasons women don’t belong in the political sphere, but I’m just going to list some of the most common ones.

These are the five biggest reasons that women simply don't belong in politics.

1) WOMEN ARE TOO EMOTIONAL

Women are simply too emotional to be involved in politics. They let their personal opinions and feelings get in the way of decisions.

This is the type of calm, level-headed leadership we need. This is the type of person that can hold their own in a diplomatic setting, someone who can understand nuance and subtlety without overreacting.

2) WOMEN ARE IRRATIONAL

Let's be honest. Women just don’t have the same ability to think logically and rationally as men do. All those hormones get in the way and make them hysterical.

This is the type of brilliant thinking we need to really make this country great again. Who else can state the obvious? Who else diverts attention from actually relevant matters the same way? Who else can tell people what shouldn't have to be said at all? This is why we need men to lead us.

3) WOMEN HAVE TOO MANY MOOD SWINGS

Why have a steady stance on issues when you could waver back and forth in indecision, the same way a small child hesitates when asked if they want ice cream or candy? We need more of this in America. More double-standards and hypocrisy. That is the way to make us great again.

4) WOMEN TAKE EVERYTHING PERSONALLY

Women cannot take criticism. They perceive all negative comments and constructive feedback as a personal attack.

What we really need are men who get so offended over the slightest personal attack that they immediately retaliate. Does that sound like a woman to you? Of course not. Everyone knows women are meek and mild and nurturing. That's not what politics needs. What our country needs in politics is more men who exhibit the incredible strength of character that is necessary to defend the size of our...fingers.

5) WOMEN ARE NOT TOUGH ENOUGH

Women are easily offended and hurt. They are simply too sensitive to be involved in the cutthroat world of politics.

Women are just not as tough as men. What woman is tough enough to stoop to misogynistic comments about their political opponents, or insinuate that they don't belong because they're female? What female has the audacity and bravery to sue a corporation for backing out of a beauty pageant? This, this is the type of fearless leadership our country needs. We need a leader who is capable not only of threatening to sue anyone who crosses them, but also not following through on it when defeat is inevitable. This is what we need to make our country great again.

**Oops. Did I say women don't belong in politics? I meant Donald Trump.