5 Reasons Why Gordon Lee High School Is The Best School In The Country

It's all navy baby!

117
Times Free Press

Gordon Lee High School is located in the historic town of Chickamauga, Georgia. Gordon Lee High School has a long tradition of excellence in the areas of academics, athletics, extra-curricular activities, citizenship and character development, and leadership. If you happen to be an alumni or current student of Gordon Lee High School, congratulations! This article is specifically written just for you! Here are the reasons why I think Gordon Lee High School is the best school in the country.

1. "Trojan Pride is School Wide"

Gordon Lee High School teaches their students to have pride within themselves and their community. Whether its playing sports or volunteering throughout the community, you're a representation of your school and your actions determine how others judge your school. When I was in the marching band, we spray painted "P.R.I.D.E" on the practice field every year before competition season. The main purpose was to remind band students that through perseverance, respect, integrity, disclipline, and excellence, we can succeed in anything that we put our mind to.

2. High Quality Education

According to U.S. News, Gordon Lee High School is ranked higher than district or state levels based on proficiency in english (97%) and mathematics (61%). I would rank the academics at Gordon Lee High School on the moderate to difficult level because the school offers a mixture of of general education classes, advanced placement (AP), and dual-enrollement classes with Dalton State College and Georgia Northwestern Technical College. The mixture of classes allows students to take classes they'er passionate about that will assist their professional goals. Also, the academic classes push students to perform their absolute best while preparing them for the collegiate level.

3. Athletic Programs

For several decades, Gordon Lee High School has a tradition of excellence in athletics. When you walk into the high school gymnasium, you will see several state and district banners the athletic teams have won over the years. The banners represent the pride and dedication that each person contributed towards representing their school in competitions. Whether its the girls' softball team winning several state championships or the marching band winning superior ratings at competitions, Gordon Lee High School has a reputation for success.

4. Passionate Teachers

The majority of the faculty and staff at Gordon Lee High School are alumni who make it their main priority to provide a quality education while instilling the value of tradition. There are several teachers that alumni or current students can recall on having a positive impact on their education. I can remember one history teacher whose passion and dedication towards history inspired me to minor in History at college.

5. Supportive Community

The phrase "It takes a village" certainly applies to the community of Chickamauga. The power of a community reinforces positive motivation and helps support individuals to achieve their goals. There is nothing more exhilarating than seeing a community cheer you on whether its in the stands or out in the community.