24 Signs You Go To Lee University

24 Signs You Go To Lee University

4212
24 Signs You Go To Lee University
greatvaluecolleges

With Clark Beckham's recent success on "American Idol," and Jordan Smith leaving the judges speechless on "The Voice," Lee University is really beginning to get its name out there. As Lee begins to become more known, it's important to expose the lesser-known, quirky little reasons we all have come to adore the place we call home. Here are 25 signs you go to Lee.

1. Two words: Campus Safety

You might think you'll get away with parking at the rec center for five minutes, but don't be fooled. You're sure to come out and find a wonderful little note from your not-so-secret admirer: Campus Safety. And $25 later, you'll swear to never park illegally again, but you'll probably end up with another ticket next week.

2. Two more words: lobby couples

Without fail there's always that one couple plaguing your dorm lobby with their cuddly, affectionate presence that brings a whole new level of awareness to just how single you are. Each time you walk by, you'll try to avoid contact but you'll probably get the death glare if you pause for too long to see which episode of "Friends" they're on.

3. "The Caf"

No, it's not the cafe .. definitely not a cafe. If you can get there when it's open, congratulations, you're doing something right. Even if you do get there, however, tread carefully, friends. One wrong choice and you might just need to ask your RA for an advancement on your toilet paper delivery.

4. Speaking of food...

You may not be on time to your classes, but you'll be early to any event that offers free food, and extra early if there's a T-shirt involved.

5. The Eternal Flame Fountain

If you've never jumped in as a dare (or perhaps used it for your ice bucket challenge) or tried to roast marshmallows over the flame, do you even go here?

6. The SMC

If you go there to study, you're lying to yourself. Enjoy your social hour -- or hours -- though. The building, like all the rest of campus, shuts down at midnight.

7. IHOP & City Cafe

Aka one of God's biggest blessings in your college student life. Without them, your group projects would end in disaster, your midterms would simply never be studied for, and your grades would go down in flames (oh, the irony).

8. Dos Bros & Hibachi

Aka your staples (besides Ramen). Sure your parents probably want you to buy actual groceries but, come on, Mom, Hibachi has vegetables, so it's all good!

9. Ohio Invasion

It's not about who you know from Ohio; it's about who don't you know from Ohio. Though we love our Northern friends, it will simply never be "pop." As long as you're on our turf, it's "Coke" or "soda."

10. You probably bandwagon so hard

Go Vols, you say? Darn right you do. Even if this isn't your home state, you'll put on orange and proudly support your newly adopted home football team (because Lee has yet to give us an excuse to paint up in maroon and navy).

11. Dorm Wars!

Whether you're a freshman, senior RA, or somewhere in between, you know dorm wars is one of the most unique and exciting nights Lee has to offer. Not only is it great that we come together as a school and support charity, we also give hype a whole new meaning. Risking your life to be a grocery-cart rider is a noble cause, as is losing your voice screaming your dorm name at the top of your lungs and throwing up your sign.

12. Medlin Hall

You don't have to live there or even have visited to know a few horror stories off the top of your head. Though the dorm may have a reputation as falling apart, its community sure isn't. Brotherhood is given a whole new meaning in Medlin, something any current or former Medlin man would be proud to identify with.

13. No-Flex Zone

A very dangerous place to be. Once you run out of flex, your life is basically over until next semester. You'll try to fit the 27 cups of coffee you need to survive plus a bagel on a meal swipe, but more than likely come back with four doughnuts and one pound more towards your "freshman 15."

14. Gateway

Never again will you blank on the question, "What are some of your strengths?" Though you may not have learned how to "college" or "adult" in gateway, you sure left knowing your strengths, how to pack an Operation Christmas Child box with as many toothbrushes as possible, and if you were really lucky, with the memory of how to build your schedule for next semester.

15. Chilhowee

If no one ever warned you that you can't see the sunrise from any of the lookouts, take notes now. Getting up at 5 a.m. on a Thursday morning will only succeed in exhausting you. If you've never been, do you even go here? Spontaneous Chilhowee trips become a way of life within your friend group. Whether it's late at night or 5 a.m., you're sure to have some of your most funny, fond, and cherished memories made here.

16. Max Patch

If you've never been, you're salty about it. That is all.

17. Who runs the school

Though we all try to get along and have a Christlike heart towards each other, everyone knows there's an unspoken rivalry between the athletes, Greek clubs, and music majors over who runs the school.

18. Service clubs

Though they may not be "legit" sororities or fraternities, they never fail to provide free food for our starving students, so they're legit in our books. Also, we all secretly wonder what really goes on during induction and what's the story behind the nickname on the back of your club jersey.

19. The weather

If you didn't come to college with rain boots and an umbrella, you've learned your lesson. Though the rain can be a real downer, you have to admit campus still looks beautiful, even in the midst of a downpour... or even a tornado warning.

20. Snapchat

Be real with yourself, you got entirely too excited when we finally got a Snapchat filter.

21. It's a suitcase campus

As much as we love our school, it's a ghost town on weekends. Unless you plan on binge-watching Netflix, you better make plans to go on a Knox, Nash, or Chatt adventure for the weekend.

22. Every girl thanks God for the soccer team and the men of TKO

It's true. Just ask any lady near you.

23. Ring by spring

The horror. You know it's coming, but can you ever really be prepared? It's sure to pick off several of your friends and enroll you in bridesmaid or groomsman duties before you have time to blink. Just avoid the bell tower at all cost and you might just make it to next semester still living #singleandsatisfied.

24. Last but not least ...

Paul Conn. You know without a doubt this man's heart is for you. Lee would't quite be the same without a president like Dr. Conn, who, like all the faculty and staff, truly tries to build relationships, resolve issues, and invest in your future.

Though Lee has its pros and Conns (pun intended), it's a place that's both grown on you and grown you. Going to college can be hard. It's a time in your life of a lot of change and uncertainty, but in the end we all know there's a reason God brought us to Lee University. The people we've met here have become like family, and that's something we would't trade for the world. Lee University is more than just school; it's home.

Now, would you please stand with me and say the college benediction?