5 Reasons Why Being A High School Senior Is Stressful

It's more than we can handle sometimes.

957
thealternativepress.com

1. You constantly have more and more things to do. You're never really 'done' because you could always be applying for another scholarship, researching the school you want to go to, etc. The relaxing feeling of having no work left to do is nowhere in sight and every moment you spend not getting anything done makes the anxiety and stress start to take over.

2. You're constantly being weighed down by the thought that high school is almost over and life is about to get really difficult, soon. You're told to appreciate things now and that life only goes downhill from here. That you'll gain weight, be super stressed out, and lose a lot of the friends you have now. Just the fear and anticipation for it all is enough to stress anyone out.

3. You can't stop thinking about how, soon, you won't be able to be around familiar faces, friends or family every day anymore. The thought that your whole support system won't be just around the corner anymore is hard to imagine. It's scary and fills you with even more fear for the future.

4. Everything becomes a huge deal because it's the last time you'll be doing it so you feel the need to go all out. The last prom, the last competition, the last everything. This makes everything even more expensive and thought provoking. Once you have that last competition or rehearsal or club meet, it's devastating to think that it's all over now.

5. The lack of motivation/senioritis hits right when you have the most work to do so it piles up and the stress increases. Right when you get tired of the high school work it all gets dumped on you along with college applications, scholarship applications, interviews, the list goes on and on. It's extremely overwhelming and the urge to take a nap and forget about it all is really strong.

Being a senior is really stressful and filled with endless things to do, so much so that it would be nice to just relax and sleep for a little while. It's chaotic, but I want to enjoy every second of it until it's over. I love high school despite how annoying and difficult it can be and I hope that I love college even more!