5 Reasons We Love Football

5 Reasons We Love Football

4046
5 Reasons We Love Football

Football is one of the only sports that is unique to America, and every year we look forward to the season. We may be over halfway through regular season football but now it is time to get excited about championship season! Every weekend we come together to support our favorite teams and we love it. But why do we love football so much?

1. It brings people together.

Whenever our team is playing we all come together, either at the stadium or at someone’s house, to cheer them to victory. While we may not know every single person at the game or viewing party we all have something in common, we want our team to win and we come together as a cheering squad.

2. Never a dull moment.

There is never a boring moment during a football game. When games are close you can never leave the game or change the channel. The teams are pumped and you can’t help but become excited. Even during low scoring games you can’t help but stay tuned.

3. Food.

It gives us the opportunity to make a lot of really good food. Nachos, wings and cookies are always a highlight of game day. If you are like me, you love to cook and bake but just never have the time during the week. Football games are a wonderful excuse to make way too much food and not feel bad about it.

4. Bad Blood: Rivalries

It is a great feeling when your team beats their biggest rival, especially when you have a friend or family member who is the biggest fan of your team’s rival. Rivalries are what make football as great as it is.

5. Something to look forward to each week.

Being college students, we are constantly stressed throughout the week. Knowing that there is an exciting football game over the weekend can motivate us to do our best work throughout the week so we can enjoy the game.