5 Reasons Why The MLB Is Undeniably Better Than The NFL

The NFL gets more viewers but this is why Baseball is still America's pastime

204
Pexels.com

1. Lower injury risk.

The biggest reason as to why the MLB is better than NFL is the chances of serious injury is significantly lower. Yes MLB players get hurt all the time but its rare to see injuries that can hurt a players life later. Most of MLB injuries are less serious are not life threatening. The NFL has such a huge rate of concussions that hurts the athletes later in life.

2. You cannot run out the ball in baseball.

Baseball is a beautiful sport because each team is given the same 27 outs to score more runs than the other team. If the winning team in football gets the ball back with 2 minutes to go the game is basically over, assuming there is no crazy play.

3. MLB plays games almost every day.

There are 162 games for each team during the regular season. MLB teams will play 25-28 games a month possibly which gives the fans a ton time to sit back and watch their teams. With the NFL, on the other hand, each team plays one time a week. With most of the games being on Sunday, this gives fans less of a chance to watch teams they do not cheer for.

4. The tradition of baseball.

The MLB has so many famous players, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio and Jackie Robinson to just name a few. These are some of the best athletes. Americas past time, like what's better than watching a baseball day game with peanuts and a cold drink?

5. The mental part of the game.

MLB has so many strategic moves that can be played out at every single pitch. Will it be a slider inside, a high fastball, or a curve ball in the dirt? The unpredictability makes it so every single player on the field has to know what is going on. In football, if a wide receiver knows that ball will not be thrown to them they might take the play off. That is never the case in baseball.