5 Reasons Why Being Sick In College Is The Worst

Send Help

14
Whim Online Magazine

I don't know about you, but my college is an epidemic of disease this semester. We have pneumonia, the flu, mumps, strep, the common cold, and blah, blah, blah. Unless you're in your own little bubble, you're doomed to get sick. I didn't ask for this. And here's the thing, getting sick in college is the absolute worst.

1. Your mom isn't there to take care of you

Your mom is your savior when you're sick. Without her, you're convinced that you are actually dying. You're basically on your own, unless you have great friends to help bring you back from the brink.

2. You miss one lecture and you're behind a whole week

Let's face it, professors like to put a lot of information on those slides. They like to have you take a lot of notes and do homework and take quizzes and take tests and ugh so rude.

3. The Health Center isn't much help

Either you get medicine or you don't. Either you're able to schedule an appointment or you're not.

4. You have to schedule your own doctor's appointments

It's a scary thing, okay. Don't make me be an adult yet.

5. The medicine aisle is way confusing

Which one am I supposed to get? There's way too many options. Seriously, just get all the medicine manufacturers together and have them combine their ingredients to make a cure. Problem solved.