5 Reasons Taking Over 16 Credit Hours Is A Terrible Idea

You will drown.
629

When you first start college, you try and follow your major's suggested schedule. This is a huge mistake. With the stress of your social life, eating, and trying to load yourself up with knowledge, it is just too much for most people.

1. You will drown.

I, personally, am drowning. I decided to take it upon myself to take 19 hours, and it sucks. I've cried three times this week, and school started Tuesday.

2. The required materials will cost you too much.

If you're taking more than five classes, the books and other items your professors require from you really start to add up. I mean, $35 for a bag of rocks? Come on now...

3. The stress of all the assignments will hurt you mentally.

Most professors require huge projects and essays around the same time. It's brutal to have 3 research papers, a project, and a test to study for all due in the same week. Not to mention, when you're in the fetal position in the corner of the library, people will assume you're on crack.

4. Physically, you will make yourself sick.

It's not good for your health to be constantly worried and overworked. Trust me, you won't be able to keep food down, and the worst part is that you won't even lose weight.

5. It's just not a good idea.

If you ask around, taking a 7:30 a.m. class (not a good idea), eating McDonald's before a 5K run (not a good idea), and taking more than 16 credit hours in a semester (not a good idea).