5 Popsicles Every Foodie Needs To Try This Summer

Satisfy your tastebuds and your Instagram followers.

9
Pop Star Handcrafted Popsicles

Summer is here! There's no better treat to beat the heat than a popsicle. Foodies out there will love this. Here are 5 ways to make the perfect treat that satisfies your taste buds and your Instagram followers:

1. Firecracker Berry Yogurt Pops

This one is for the fruit lovers out there!

Check out the original recipe here!

Ingredients:
¼ cup sugar

½ pound blueberries

1 ¼ cups low-fat plain yogurt

Directions:
In a food processor, puree strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar. Transfer to a small bowl. In processor, puree blueberries with 1 tablespoon sugar.

In another small bowl, whisk together yogurt and 2 tablespoons sugar. Pour the 3 mixtures, alternating, into ten 3-ounce ice-pop molds, making 3 to 5 layers in each.

With a skewer or thin-bladed knife, swirl mixtures together in an up-and-down motion. Insert ice-pop sticks and freeze until solid, 2 1/2 to 3 hours (or up to 1 week).

2. Cookies and Cream Popsicles

Welcome to the land of frozen milk & cookies!

See the original recipe here!

Ingredients:
14 chocolate wafer cookies, about 4 oz (125g) total weight

1/4 cup (2 oz/60g) superfine sugar

1/4 cup water (2 fl oz/60mL)

1/2 cup (4 fl oz/125mL) sour cream

1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60mL) whole milk

1 cup (8 fl oz/250mL) heavy cream

1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Working in a small bowl, crumble the cookies to make pieces about the size of peas.

In a bowl, stir together the sugar and 1/4 cup (2fl oz/60mL) water until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the sour cream, milk, cream, and vanilla. Add the crumbled chocolate cookies and stir to mix.

If using conventional pop molds, divide the mixture across the molds. Cover and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours or up to 3 days. If using sticks, insert them into the molds when the pops are partially frozen, after about 1 hour, then freeze until solid, at least 3 more hours.

If using an instant ice pop maker (Zoku), follow the manufacturer’s directions/

3. Summer Berry Mint Ice Pops

Did someone just turn this amazing smoothie idea into a popsicle? YES PLEASE!

Take a look at the original recipe here!

Ingredients:
1 cup raspberries

1 cup blackberries

1 cup sliced strawberries

1/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup water

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons finely minced fresh mint

Directions:
Combine raspberries, blackberries and sliced strawberries with the lemon juice and mint in a mixing bowl. Mash the berries a bit with the back of a large wooden spoon. Let this mixture sit for about a half hour to macerate.

Meanwhile, combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool for about five minutes, then combine with the berry mixture.

Using a glass measuring cup with a spout, carefully pour the berry mixture into your popsicle molds.

Freeze for six hours. If your popsicles stick to the molds, hold them under warm running water to loosen.

4. Chocolate Fudge Popsicles

You can never go wrong with a classic.

See the source of this great recipe here!

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons (21 grams or 3/4 ounce) semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate

1/3 cup (67 grams or 2 1/3 ounce) sugar

1 tablespoon (7 grams or 1/4 ounce) cornstarch

1 1/2 tablespoons (8 grams or 1/4 ounce) unsweetened cocoa powder

1 1/4 cups (300 ml) whole milk

Pinch of salt

1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) vanilla extract

1/2 tablespoon (7 grams or 1/4 ounce) unsalted butter

Directions:
In the bottom of a medium saucepan over very low heat, gently melt the chocolate chips, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, milk and salt and raise heat to medium. Cook mixture, stirring frequently until it thickens, anywhere between 5 minutes (for me) and 10 (suggested in the book). Remove from heat, add vanilla and butter and stir until combined.

Set aside to cool slightly then pour into popsicle molds. Freeze 30 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks. Freeze the rest of the way before serving.

5. Vietnamese Coffee Popsicles

Blend your caffeine boost and your dessert desires with this delicious treat!

See where this amazing recipe came from!

Ingredients:
2 cups very strong French roast coffee, hot

1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, divided

3/4 cup heavy cream

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Place 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk in a bowl or measuring pitcher. Pour the hot coffee over the top and stir until blended. Allow the coffee to cool for a few minutes.

Carefully pour the Vietnamese coffee into 12 popsicle molds, 2/3 - 3/4 full. Place in the freezer and freeze until slushy, about 1- 2 hours.

Mix the heavy cream with 3 Tb. sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Pull the Popsicle out of the freezer.

Pour 1-2 tablespoons of cream over the top of each pop and add a popsicle stick to the middle. Return to the freezer and freeze until hard.

To remove from the molds: Fill the sink with warm water and dip the bottoms of the molds in the warm water for 30+ seconds. Pull the sticks straight up, don't turn or twist them. *Although I love the look of wooden popsicle sticks, the molds that come with plastic sticks (with holes throughout the sticks) are easiest to un-mold. Eat immediately, or place in freezer bags and return to the freezer.

Want more fun popsicle ideas? Click here! Happy summer!