5 Inspiring Thoughts To Have Before You Start Your Day

Remind yourself that you have the power to change your life for the better.

109
Unsplash / Bart LaRue

In our fast-paced society, sometimes we may be too busy interacting with others to stop and reflect on ourselves and our goals. Self-improvement and self-realization are two important qualities that everyone should have if they want to live a fulfilling life, and the only way to achieve that is to constantly contemplate if the way you are choosing to live is bringing happiness to you and those around you. So here's a list of five things you should tell yourself so that you can live life to the fullest.

1. You are enough.

There are always others out there who appear to be superior to you in terms of material wealth, amount of friends or number of accomplishments. But remember, no matter who you are, you are always in the "middle" in some aspect of your life. For example, there could be someone who graduated valedictorian from Harvard and started their own successful business, but there is also someone who is starving in the outskirts of a poor village in Africa.

Where you are is where you were meant to be, and there is ALWAYS a way to move to a higher level of satisfaction; with hard work and will, you can go anywhere. There is no special trick to life. You are born with the tools you need to survive and succeed, so remember, you are enough. You are all it takes to find and claim happiness.

2. Be true to yourself — don't pretend.

Life is too short to pretend to be something you are not. If you are not comfortable with the way you are living, then it is your right to change things until it fits your comfort level. Engage with people who you will not feel ashamed or pressured around. Fitting in with a pre-defined norm is useless. Find the colors within yourself and paint the canvas that is life.

The human face can act like a mask. What you mistake for happiness on others' faces can be despair or anger. Just act according to what you believe in and hope others do the same. The rest will fall into place. At the same time, do not compare your behind the scenes to someone else's highlighted performance. Placing someone on a pedestal can make you forget that you exist on a pedestal to others.

SEE ALSO: If You Conform To A Group, You Forget Your Individual Uniqueness

3. Spread kindness.

Everyone at one point becomes enraptured with the flame of anger, overwhelmed with the force of their turbulent emotions and insecurities. But imagine what a happy place our earth could be if we understood each other and opted to solve conflicts by spreading kind words and compassion. It is understandable that not every fight can be fixed by understanding and empathy, but our hearts do not have to be unnecessarily burdened by harsh comments; if we took steps to rationally identify the problem and possible solutions without questioning the other person's intentions, we would all lead relatively peaceful lives.

4. Think carefully.

Every action, no matter big or small, comes with a domino effect of consequences. If you can identify how your actions can influence others before they actually do, then you can prevent miscommunications and a misguided sense of thinking that can impact your relationships with others. Thinking logically can be tough, especially when you are blinded by strong, biased feelings, but the better you can push your feelings aside and focus on the problems at the hand, the better you can figure out how to put the solution ahead of prolonging the problem.

5. Push negativity away.

One of the biggest problems in life is not getting a bad grade or cutting off ties with a toxic individual but how you overcome failures and deal with loss. Negativity can turn a happy, carefree person into an individual who feels as though they are plagued with hopelessness. Pushing negativity away is the most difficult thing to do for those who suffer from depression and anxiety attacks.

I myself felt the strain of peer pressure during high school, and though I know a lot of people have it worse than me, I could not imagine their internal turmoil. There is no way we can win all the time. We must embrace our losses so that we can move forward knowing our inner weaknesses. It truly takes a strong person to see the light behind the darkness, but it pays off when you can reach happiness through bumpy ride that is life.

Remind yourself of these five things, and I can assure you that you will be able to see your life in a clearer perspective. So go out, seize the day and find that happiness within yourself. It is the greatest treasure that one can be ever so lucky to find.