5 Great Road Cycling Routes In Utah
News

5 Great Road Cycling Routes In Utah

It does not have to be Bicycle Day before you get out to ride, especially if you have questions like, "where are bike rides near me?" and us to answer those questions.

27
5 Great Road Cycling Routes In Utah

If you live in the grand and majestic Utah, you can visit some of the finest bike trails featuring beautiful landscapes and urbanized hilly cities.

It is essential to develop a solid plan for distance riding, even for experienced cyclists. So, do not leave anything to chance when choosing your e-bike and equipment. Most importantly, do not get lost.

Make sure to check your maps so you do not lose your way and notify someone of your intention so they can track your location on a smartphone. It is easy to get immersed and lost in the beautiful scenery. Check out the below list of great road cycling routes in Utah, and get ready to get on your e-bike and cruise along.

Depending on your skill and equipment, you can ride and explore the various listed terrains on your KBO ebike.

Great Road Cycling Routes in Utah

1. Explore the Antelope Island

This out-and-back ride entails approximately 46.8 miles of riding from Antelope Island Causeway to Fielding Garr Ranch. The correct route is through the Jensen Nature Park in Syracuse, which journeys to the ranch at the end of the road. Based on physical and weather conditions, more experienced riders can turn at the loop and complete the ride back, totaling nearly 100 miles.

The island has enjoyed a feature in an epic silent movie of the era, Covered Wagon, which was released in 1922. You can ride up to the scenic site where this happened, called Camera Flat. It has also been used as a ranch for sheep and horses and was the former site of a prison.

There is usually slight traffic in this part of town, even though the island is one of Utah's best locations. Get on your electric bike and see all there is to see. Abandon your bike pedal if you get tired, and switch to assist. Remember to look out for the 500-plus bison that populate the island, together with even more bighorn sheep, bobcats, badgers, mule deer, and pronghorn antelope.

2. Enjoy The Flaming Gorge Special

Enjoy a ride through the Uintas National Scenic Byway and prepare to have your mind blown with just how scenic this area can be, despite being called a "scenic byway". True to its name, this route passes right through the Flaming Gorge Nation Recreation Area and features probably the most picturesque route in Utah.

It is a 75-mile out-and-back ride starting and finishing around Manila, with start at Daggett County Centennial Park.

Enjoy passing by springs, creeks, and the dense forestation of the Ashley National Forest. Remember you also have the Flaming Gorge Resort, the Flaming Gorge Dam, and the Firefighters Memorial. Whether pushing your e-bike pedal or on assist mode, rest assured there is a lot to discover and explore.

3. The Mt. Baldy Loop

The Mt. Baldy Loop starts as a lovely climb up an alpine canyon, later moving through areas like Mt. Nebo, Mt. Baldy, and Yuba State Park. The sites in this location have beautiful features and uniqueness on their side. Mt. Nebo stands as the highest mountain in Wasatch, the Yuba State Park has a lake situated in a desert and various formations of the red earth structure.

About 3 miles from the opening climb, a scenic shot of Mt. Nebo stands right behind you, and the weather makes it all the more picturesque. Check out the Gothic and Colonial Revival building located on a hill in the town and the beautiful stark earth of the dry terrain through Gunnison to Lehi, where a lavender farm adds another touch when in bloom.

Wildlife to be observed include the porcupine, reptiles, birds of prey, coons, deer, and elk.

4. Loop Through Golden Spike Empire

This route runs through the Weber State University through to Golden Spike National Historic Site Visitor Center. Looping this trip adds the distance up to about 120 miles. The terrain entails some suburban plains, a bird refuge, and a small mountain pass.

The main point of attraction is a spot on the ride where the last railroad spike was hammered into place, completing the coastal connection shared by the country. You can also stop to enjoy the site of a massive project called The Big Fill where they are attempting to move some earth to fill a ravine close by. You can follow signs to get to the Golden Spike monument.

Enjoy the scenic views featuring the "Public Shooting Grounds" sign, or the Salt Creek Waterfowl Area sign, basically anywhere around the Golden Spike National Historic Site Visitor Center.

5. Go Over The Basin

Take the one-way route from Heber City to Roosevelt to enjoy traversing this beautiful scene. Totaling about 100 miles, you can get on your e-bike and enjoy the scenery along the route.

There is a beautiful river sweeping past an area with a lot of aspen trees and a beautiful blue lake in a very coarse setting called Starvation State Park. You can see the site of the highest mountain in Utah called the Uintah Mountains in the distance across the Uintah Basin. Pause to take some cool photos on the picturesque overlook on Strawberry Reservoir or the bridge at Starvation.

There is an abundance of wildlife to be observed, including birds of prey, coyotes, black bears, elk, and deer.

In Conclusion

Utah has some grand locations to visit and ride through on your KBO e-bike, your trusted companion on all road trips. Check out all the beautiful terrains we have listed above and take your time planning, so you can make the most of your excursion. The locations are some of the grandest in Utah and will be worth your while.

When setting out, check your e-bike thoroughly and have your water with you. Remember to check your gear and equipment before setting out on your rides, and most importantly, remember to enjoy yourself.