5 Baby Animal Facts You (Probably) Didn't Know

A list of smiles for all those hard days.

736

College is hard. Cooking is hard. Being an adult is hard. Let's face it, life is a difficult thing. Every day we're faced with overwhelming challenges. Some of these just bring out the straight "NOPE" in all of us, sort of like a giant spider in your bathtub. In these worst of moments we must have some hope to turn to - something that will give us a reason to smile. So for all of your battling your NOPE spiders, here are a list of smiles.

1. Did you know that baby elephants are NOT born knowing how to use their trunks?

They spend a lot of time trying to figure it out. Sometimes, they even get their trunks wrapped around their legs and end up tripping themselves. They'll try and drink with them and just end up blowing bubbles. So in answer to your questions, yes elephants are just as awkward as we always imagined.

2. So there's a guy on Youtube called Hello Denizen that makes ridiculously elegant meals for his hamster.

And then, like above, the hamster just stuffs everything in. This includes a birthday party (including a guest hedgehog), Thanksgiving dinner, a beautiful Italian dinner date, and a hotdog eating competition. Time well spent.

3. An old legend says that a mother cheetah once had her cubs stolen by poachers.

After searching and searching, she began to cry. The tracks of her tears left the dark stripes that are so unique to these big cats. I guess this wasn't really a fun fact, more like a sad fact. But the baby cheetahs are pretty cute so it probably evens out.

4. Parrot parents seem to, in a sense, name their offspring.

The infant parrot will then adopt this call, with some variations or changes, and make it its own. Apparently, they're also pretty chill about being toothbrush groomed.

5. When baby sea otters are born, they're actually TOO FLUFFY to sink.

A baby sea otter is literally too much of a fluffy cuddleball to be able to drown. Then, later, when they attempt to learn out to dive, they can't physically get under the water. Imagine a child in a life vest that's just a little too big. And then imagine this kid was adorable and covered in fluff. And that's the sea otter situation

I must admit, I chose these facts based partially on the cute-level of the gifs I could find. But there are a ton more super fun animal facts to be found and read! You never know what you might find.