47 Signs You're From Texas

47 Signs You're From Texas

"I hate Texas" said no one ever.

6631
47 Signs You're From Texas

1. You're still wearing shorts in Winter

And everyone who isn't used to Texas' winters tells you this.

2. When you say y'all as every other word and have to explain what it means occasionally

3. You prefer sweet tea over unsweet like there's no other form of tea.

And if you're only given unsweet tea, you fake your enjoyment.

4. When you religiously collect Whataburger numbers

5. When you naturally go 85 mph on the highway

6. When you survived the Blue Bell apocalypse

7. You've been so used to the heat for so long, nothing can ever phase you

8. Texas goes wherever you go

The picture above was taken at Oklahoma State University

9. When half of your out-of-state school is made up of Texans. It's probably because of the Whataburger in town.

"Who here is from Texas?"

10. When you wish the closest mall was the Galleria. A small college town is nice but whenever you need to shop, you can't.

11. Being sad A&M and UT don't play on Thanksgiving. It's the source of most anger issues.

12. All you do Saturday nights is go to Country concerts and live up to the Texas stereotype.

13. Saying "Soda" instead of "Pop"

14. Getting mad when they offer you Coke/Pepsi if they don't serve Dr. Pepper.

15. Having a cardiac arrest during a Dallas Cowboys game. Dez still caught the ball.

16.Always owning a pair of cowboy boots.

17. Homecoming mums being the size of your body and out-of-staters not knowing what mums are.

18. Having taco shops less than five minutes from your house. "Today's breakfast is breakfast burritos"

19. The Texas State Fair: Home of fried foods and Big Tex.

20. That feeling when you see the Texas State sign when crossing the border

21. The intense Red River Rivalry with OU every year. Hook'em.

22. Being home to George Strait, The King of Country.

23. Also being home to Queen Beyonce

24. Not knowing when the seasons change. It could be 25 degrees one day and 70 the next.

25. "How do you drive in snow?"

26. "What is snow, I've never seen it before"

27. Getting sunburned by being outside for five minutes.

28. Having Chips and Queso/Guacamole as a meal. Multiple times a day.

29. "There's no good Mexican places" when you're out-of-state.

30. It's never the wrong time for Texas Barbecue.

31. When you have a tornado warning in November.

32. Having to prove stereotypes wrong. "Why aren't you wearing a cowboy hat? Aren't you from Dallas?"

33. When you argue that Texas was its' own country so that's why its 100% better.

34. Not owning Winter clothes because Winter doesn't exist.

35. Going to The Gaylord Texan 'ICE Show'

36. Taking Senior pictures with a Texas flag at the Stockyard. Yes, this really did happen.

37. Having Texas High School Football as competitive as College Football

38. Going to Whataburger after Friday Night Lights

39. Having people in Europe refer 'America' as Texas.

40. Having a Spongebob episode solely about Texas

What other state can say their state has been on Spongebob??

41. Driving for five hours and still being in your own state.

42. Seeing a Texas license plate and feeling like you're with your people

43. Going all out during "Deep in the Heart of Texas" and square dancing the night away

44. Knowing the Texas Pledge by heart.

45. Taking "Taco Tuesday" very seriously.

46. You know this dance hall.

47. You refer to Texas as the greatest state in America. Which it is.