4 Reasons Lena Dunham Rocks

4 Reasons Lena Dunham Rocks

Lena Dunham is the voice of our generation.

22
4 Reasons Lena Dunham Rocks

From writing, directing, and starring in the best television show, to being a prominent and heard voice for feminism, Lena Dunham is ruling the world. Her humor mixed with her view on social issues makes her a person to listen to and remember, forever. So, I mean if you don't happen to know who she is, just read on because I can do my best to sum up the brilliance that she is, but even that won't do her the justice she deserves.

1. She's witty and hilarious.

This 26 year-old amazing human writes the realest things in her show, "Girls." Since it is on HBO, she is able to depict the horrible things people in their 20s endure and encounter. She is not afraid to take risks with her language and creates characters you love and hate at the same time. And instead of showing the glamorous city lifestyle that most shows depict, she creates women who are poor, living on couches at some point, and who scare off boys.

2. She loves herself.

In the show, "Girls," there is a lot of nudity, which can be uncomfortable for some people, but Lena is different. She is unafraid of revealing her body to the world because she is confident and stands for what we should all strive for; to be happy with ourselves and how we look. She embraces the body she was given and shows the entire world, and for that I applaud her and wish I could be as fearless and confident. Not to mention, she has got some bad-ass tattoos all over and we are all lucky enough to see them in most of the "Girls" episodes.

3. Her book.

In her book, "Not That Kind of Girl," she writes about different parts of her life growing up and her weird OCD habits that make me feel a lot better about my own weird habits. She showed the world that yeah, she is a kick-butt writer, but she is human who struggles with diets and seeing a therapist and all of the things that we don't usually associate with fame. I read the book in about two days because I couldn't stop reading it and I felt like we became friends and loyal colleagues who would read each others stuff and tell each other how funny we are. But, then I finished the book and still dream.

4. She is vocal.

I don't mean loud, but that too. She lets it be known that she is fighting and will continue fighting for equal rights in every aspect of life until something changes. She steps out of the normal comfort zone of a celebrity to be liked in order to make change. She speaks for those who aren't able to be heard for something that really shouldn't still have to be talked about. She is a face of feminism and I thank her for bringing the issue to the forefront where it can encourage women everywhere to be fearless and to stand up to what the norm is supposed to be.

What I have tried to put into words that don't begin to scratch the surface of what she means to the world and our generation, is that she is essential to our progressive and changing peers. She is unafraid of being herself, and is passionate about equality and lights fires within others to make changes as well. She's my hero and hopefully one day will be my best friend. But until that happens, I will continue drooling over and write about it so that you all will love her, too.