Four New Places Coming To Charles Village

Hopkins students, get excited.

40
Henrique Félix

Charles Village has a commercial strip with most of your essentials -- there's a Starbucks, a grocery store, a convenience store with late night eats, there are restaurants. However, Hopkins students need to Uber across Baltimore for a pharmacy, need to hitch a ride to another neighborhood for a healthy restaurant, and need to jet into Towson for a good bagel. This year, 4 new commercial establishments will bring these yearned for amenities much closer to Homewood, alleviating the stress on Uber bills, but probably adding up some charges at these fantastic new places that are sure to lure residents and students alike. Here are the 4 new places opening in Charles Village.

1. CVS

Now there's no need to go into the (slightly creepy) Rite Aid in the basement of those apartment buildings. Sure, it did the job, but the pristine convenience and comfort of a CVS right on St. Paul's just sounds that much better.

2. An Artifact Coffee-esque Cafe and Bookshop

Spike Gjerde, the owner of Woodberry Kitchen, Parts & Labor and Artifact Coffee, is opening a second cafe in the same retail space which will house the CVS. As charmingly grungy as Carma's is, it'll be nice to have a second local coffee shop to choose from when you're just not feeling corporate Starbucks. Plus, there will be a selection of books, as Gjerde is teaming up with the owner of The Ivy Bookshop.

3. PekoPeko Ramen

We all know college students love ramen. This place, owned by a JHU alum, is set to open in August.

4. Towson Hot Bagel

CharMar will do the trick if you're really, really feening for a bagel. But if you're really craving a good bagel with gourmet cream cheese flavors, Towson Hot Bagel's arrival in late 2016 will surely make you happy.

5. Honeygrow

This one I'm most excited about. This healthy fast-food option is particularly enticing. Offering smoothies, salads and yogurt, this spot is an overdue necessity. Honeygrow will open in August.