3 Of The Most Important Things To Recite To Yourself Everyday

"You are you and that's just plain awesome."

44
A.M.S Images

When you first wake up in the morning and realize you are in fact, not in Bali being fed by chimps, or swimming with the dolphins off into the sunset of Miami Beach. Some of the first things that come to mind are probably that of, breakfast, having to pee really, really bad. And of course stretching. By the time you are done with that last really loud yawn you are off to the kitchen for coffee or tea and a bagel or eggs. There is really no escaping your daily routine once you have it down pat. But once your belly is full to the point of explosion and you are ready to start getting all dolled up for your day, you must stop at the mirror. There is something completely and overwhelmingly powerful about the use of a mirror to help with motivation. The first time you actually take the time to talk to yourself you will feel awfully funny. Probably say, "I can't do this". While laughing hysterically at yourself, but if you continue this pattern, just like everything else it will become a habit. A healthy one at that. So, with that being said, on to the first ritual of the day.

1. "The only person I need to be better than today is my yesterday self."

Comparing yourself to others is just plain human, so you can not beat yourself up for it. You can, however, conquer it little by little. You can use what you see in others to be a motivator, but never ever expect to be better than anyone else but yourself the day before. There are way too many people in this world for us to always be comparing. There will always (or at least always feel like) there is someone better, prettier, more handsome, stronger or smarter than you. And that is okay because there will never be another one of you. So remember not to let that control you. You are you and that's just plain awesome.

2. "My body is my home and I will treat it well."

In order for us as humans to feel complete happiness we need the balance between physical, mental, and emotional health. These three things are the main point of this article. If your physical health is not up to par and it is knocked off balance you're self-confidence is bound to go way down and in turn so is your emotional health. They all balance each other out. Your body now is the only one you will have forever and you've probably heard that over and over but think about it. It's true. Your body is hard working, and deserves to be treated well. That includes consuming healthy foods and the right amount of exercise. But also it includes not allowing others or yourself to use your body as a tool. It already has so many jobs to do, don't give it anymore.

3. "I will be in control of my emotions all day long no matter the circumstances."

Emotions are wonderful, beautiful things, but can be a real pain in the ass, too. Learning how to control your emotions goes back very far in your lifeline but as you age, you come to find that there are many more emotions than you knew before. By stating this quote every morning and committing to the fact that you will indeed be in control, you will feel a sense of empowerment that you deserve. There are so many people in this world that intend on trying to make people upset or provoke them and when you find that you are the one in control. Nothing can stop you.

In the end, we have this balance between, mental, emotional, and physical health. Your job as the only ruler of your temple you call your body, is to make sure you keep those as balanced as possible and take the time to talk to yourself as well as listen so that you know what your body needs to make you feel the best you can possibly feel. Protect yourself from those that will ruin this and then absolutely nothing can stand in your way.