27 Things You'll Understand If You've Had The Same Friends Since Elementary School

Childhood friends make forever friends.

1074
Gillian Jennings

Having the same friends since kindergarten creates a special bond between a group of people that can never be broken. No matter how much you drive each other crazy, being friends for upwards of 15 years is a special type of relationship that the luckiest people get to experience.

1. You went through countless sports teams together.

You weren't good, but you didn't care. You were there for one reason: the Dairy Queen you would smash after. (You would get a Reese's blizzard, your BFF would get an Oreo brownie earthquake, and you would go halfsies on each.)

2. You still remember your ~secret~ handshakes from when you were young.

Featuring the reaction from your fellow classmates as told by April.

3. You've made it through everything together (i.e., questionable haircuts).

Zooey Deschanel with bangs: adorable. Your sixth grade self with bangs: criminal.

4. You have adorable pictures of you guys together when you were young...

Forever wishing you stayed that cute.

5. ...And really embarrassing ones from middle school.

Picnik had to be used before you uploaded 70 pictures of the squad to Facebook via digital camera.

6. You're all still friends, even though you didn't see one of them for 6 months when they had that really bad boyfriend.

The rest of the group would still hang out, but something was always missing.

7. And when they finally got out of that relationship, you lectured them about their choices.

There was a sleepover dedicated to making sure your friend never sold herself short like that again.

8. You had matching Limited Too outfits.

And you sported them to school on planned Friday's.

9. You went from being dropped off by your moms to driving each other everywhere.

The OG glo up.

10. And once you guys started driving, it was way more fun than a car ride probably should be.

You even made choreographed dances that were doable in the car.

11. You know exactly which of their buttons to push.

And push them constantly.

12. You never worry about paying each other back because you know it will be made up sooner or later.

"I'll get the check, just buy me a few rounds on Friday."

13. You basically have 10 families.

There are pictures of you all over their moms' Facebooks.

14. Your conversations have no boundaries.

Once the wine starts flowing, nothing is off limits.

15. And you have definitely played doctor for them a time or two.

You've popped pimples, examined rashes, and put flashlights down their throats. Hell, the group chat is the 24/7 on-call gyno.

16. You still have slumber parties.

Pillow fights and movies? No. All the food ever and avoiding all responsibilities? Yes.

17. You never go too long without seeing each other.

Because texting or calling every day won't cut it.

18. When they start a story with "Remember when..." you already know you're going to want to run far far away.

"Remember when you dated (insert embarrassing boy) in middle school?"

19. You all go to different colleges, but still text in the group chat every day.

The separation anxiety is real.

20. It's weird to talk about getting apartments because it feels like just yesterday you guys were hitting up each other's home phones to set up a play date.

Turning into adults makes you miss the days of pushing each other into the pool fully clothed.

21. Your friend will never stop being mad about the time you pranked her at a sixth grade sleepover.

Taking #NeverForget to a whole new level.

22. You have told them what color they will be wearing at your wedding.

I promise mauve will look great on you guys, okay?

23. No matter how old you get, you will never stop eating ice cream and crying while watching High School Musical 3.

Your friendship is basically Troy and Gabriella's relationship.

24. Even when you go your separate ways for college, coming home for break means picking up right where you left off.

And telling each other every detail of what you've missed.

25. You will always support each other's life decisions, no matter what.

Because you know that no matter what they do, they will be awesome at it.

26. They never fail to call you out for your downfalls.

Okay guys, sorry I spent a week in bed eating ice cream because I got a C in chemistry.

27. But even when you want to beat them in the head, you know you'll never make better friends than your life-long homies.