26 Reasons JMU Dukes Just Do It Better

26 Reasons JMU Dukes Just Do It Better

J-M-U — Dukesss!!!

195

James Madison University, AKA the GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH. We are the Dukes and we are proud. We have the most beautiful campus and we couldn't love it any more than we already do. We have to wait all summer to get back to the place we all call home. Here are 26 reasons JMU Dukes do it better.

1. We are kind and genuine people

We like to hold doors open for others.

2. We’re always willing to lend a helping hand to a fellow duke or perspective student

3. Some say we have the best campus food

Princeton Review ranks us #5 in the nation.

4. We throw some great parties

It's no wonder there's always visitors on the weekends from Virginia Tech, VMI, CNU, VCU, you name it.

5. Ever heard of “Duke and rally”?

I don't think this needs much explanation.

6. We have the most dedicated sports fans

There's a reason ESPN College GameDay keeps coming back to us.

7. Our football team is making a serious comeback

Watch out!

8. Our tailgates are the real deal

Let's have a moment of silence for Upper Convo:(

9. We love our school so much we come back 10 days before the first day

#FROGweek

10. We have to compete for a chance to volunteer to help the freshmen move in

Shoutout to our FROGs and OPAs.

11. Doesn’t matter where we are, if we hear someone yell “J-M-U,” we’ll always respond “Dukesss!”

12. We can sing the fight song in our sleep we know it so well

It's also just really catchy.

13. No matter where we go, we can always spot a fellow duke

14. We love our campus so much we have an all-night sleepover on the quad

15. We treat President Alger like a celebrity

If you've taken a picture with him you've accomplished every Duke's dream.

16. We have some of the coolest locations around the world for study abroad programs

17. Our alumni keep coming back because they love JMU so much

We have a whole weekend to celebrate them.

18. We have so many incoming students each year we have to keep expanding our campus

19. We have our unique quad cats

Consider yourself lucky if you can get within 10 feet of them.

20. UREC is the nicest gym you’ll ever walk in

Our new gym facility is incredible and it's definitely a popular place to be.

21. We are pros at throwing our purple and gold streamers when our football team gets a touchdown

You probably will get some nasty looks if you throw yours too early.

22. Not only is our campus amazing, but so is the downtown area surrounding the university

Farmers markets, cafes, restaurants, bars, you name it.

23. We love our pets and we’re always bringing them to the quad on a nice afternoon to hang out

24. Brunch is part of our weekend routine and it’s the only way we can get through a rough Sunday morning

25. We’re pros at taking the perfect sunset picture

You've got 4 years to find the best spots.

26. Our women’s lacrosse team has won a national title in the NCAA and we supported them the whole way through