25 Things You Don't Want To Regret When You're 25

12. Crying over losing that friend that wasn't really adding much to your life anyway.

344
Unsplash

Entering your twenties is a milestone, not only because it's a new decade, but because of all of the life experiences people have in their twenties: graduation, first real job, first real apartment, buying a car, loss, love, marriage, kids, heartbreak- the list goes on.

Even though people keep saying these events are so close, I still see them as being lightyears away. I'm continuing to live my life day by day, trying not to have any regrets by the time the next decade rolls around.

By living in the present and ignoring the future (however irresponsible that may be), I've come up with a list of regrets I definitely don't want to have by the time I'm 25. Being irresponsible can lead to productivity, right?

1. Not spending enough time traveling.

Life gets hectic pretty fast; if I'm expected to have a full-fledged family in the next 15 years, then I better be spending some time exploring the world before that.

2. Sacrificing health for good grades.

3. Spending too much time worrying about what everyone else thought of you.

4. Not eating that doughnut because you're afraid of it going to your hips.

Eat the doughnut. The doughnut is always worth it.

5. Not wearing that trendy outfit because you think it "isn't you."

Buy those platform shoes!! You got this!!!

6. Putting off that workout until tomorrow, then tomorrow turning into 3 years.

This might be a slight exaggeration, but working out will make you feel good and be confident throughout your whole day. Who wouldn't want that?

7. Deleting that Instagram picture because it didn't get enough likes.

8. Staying in an unhealthy relationship too long because you're afraid to be single.

Being single lets you figure out who you are, don't let the fear of not having someone keep you from finding yourself.

9. Similarly, not asking someone out because you're afraid of being rejected.

Honestly, if they say no, they're the ones missing out on your great sense of humor and fantastic jokes. They're the loser here.

10. Not calling home as much as you should.

Your loved ones are some of the most important and impactful people in your life, don't push them to the side.

11. Being too obsessed with your phone to appreciate the little moments.

13. Not taking pictures of your favorite memories.

No, don't have your phone out to the point where it's annoying, but definitely take some pics you can look back and smile at.

14. Not wearing that bathing suit because you thought it didn't make your butt look good.

15. Listening to your friends when they were clearly making a decision that wasn't going to end well.

16. Being a rude person.

I'm refraining from using worse words. Moral of the story: don't be rude.

17. Not spending enough time with your family.

Calls are good, but sitting down and having some coffee with your mom is better.

18. Not keeping up with the friends that actually mean something to you.

It's hard to put in the effort sometimes, but it's definitely worth it.

19. Being afraid to express yourself because your friends have different views.

If they're really your friends, they won't hate you for being a clone of themselves.

20. Thinking your mental health isn't as important as your physical health.

21. Being upset with how you spent your college nights out.

Stayed in every night? Hooked up with a different person every night? Never enjoyed yourself because you never gave yourself the chance to? There is no right answer, all the matters is making sure you're happy on your nights out.

22. Not asking a question because you're afraid you'll hear "no" as the answer.

Want a promotion? Need a loan? Want to borrow a sweater? Just ask.

23. Being in tremendous amounts of debt.

Learn! How! To! Financially! Plan!

24. Not appreciating music.

25. Not having a glass of wine every once in a while.

Because you deserve it.