In my short 25 years of life, I have definitely learned a good amount of things. Turning 25 is scary. You're halfway to 30 and everyone has these expectations of you, which in turn, you expect of yourself. At 25 we're "supposed" to be in our career, financially stable, dating someone long-term/engaged/married, on kid number two, living on our own, and stress-free.
That's not everyone's reality and that's not mine.
I want to share these lessons with anyone who may be curious to know and want my readers to be aware that you don't have to be doing everything right in your 20s.
1. Learn to speak up for yourself
If you know what you want, speak up for yourself. If you don't like when someone says something, tell them. Don't let anyone walk all over you.
2. If you like someone, talk to them
Don't play games. The guy doesn't always have to make the first move.
3. Be frugal
Learn how to budget yourself and save your money. Create a savings account if you don't have one already. You never know what unexpected bills will show up.
4. It's OK to have more than one passion
5. If you're feeling lost and confused, you're not alone
I know, exercising can be awful but it's so good for you. Try to make it a habit to at least go for a 30 minute walk everyday.
7. Stay away from toxic people
Toxic people are only going to bring you down, bring negativity into your life, and make you feel miserable.
8. Only YOU can make yourself happy
9. Take every opportunity to sleep as much as you can
With our busy lives, we need to take what we can get.
10. Spend time with your family
You'll never have those moments with them again.
11. Take good care of your skin
Practice good skin care. Develop a routine
12. Travel as much as you can
Whenever you have an opportunity to travel, take it! See the world.
13. Do something that scares you
Take risks and get past your comfort zone.
14. Sleep with a good pillow
Your neck will thank you
15. Be you, completely
The right person will accept who you are and you won't have to hide any parts of yourself
16. Surround yourself with animals when you can
It's helpful to relax and destress.
17. Admit when you are wrong
18. Don't go against your morals
19. Try not to take things personally
20. It's okay to not be taken, engaged, or married
It's not a race
21. Be honest
With yourself and other people. Sometimes the truth hurts but people will respect you more when you're honest
22. Call people
Texting is a great way to communicate with people but actually reaching out and calling our friends and family is so much better. Hear their voice. Have an actual conversation.
23. Stop eating junk
Junk food is OK once in a while, but eating healthy feels great and your body will thank you
24. Don't tell everyone your goals and accomplishments
Jealousy is real and people can't help it. Sometimes people will wish badly on you. Try not to tell people your business, especially when you're not at your goal yet.
25. Go to as many concerts as possible
Music is good for the soul and going to concerts and being present with the music, strangers, friends, and the artist is an amazing feeling.