Why It's Good To Do One Thing A Day That Scares You

Take risks.
88

I've always loved the saying, "Do one thing a day that scares you." Why? Because I think that's so vital, especially for our own wellbeing. I love to challenge myself and sometimes, it's good to push past your own boundaries and get out of your comfort zone.

If you are going to participate in this challenge, do it on your own terms. Something that "scares you" can vary from talking to a person you have a crush on to going out to dinner by yourself, to trying a new food dish. What scares you could be something normal that others do on a daily basis or don't find those things to be a challenge, so don't think that you have to live by their standards. Your fears are just that, they are YOURS.

Getting out of your comfort zone is terrifying, yes, but you are looking fear in the face and telling it that YOU have control. Your comfort zone is like a little box that you've placed yourself in. It's safe and familiar, but nothing really changes — Nothing new really happens. Taking risks and getting past your fears is where you find yourself and where you find life.

If you were to play the hardest game and know very well that you'll probably lose, would you still do it? Some of you may answer no, but to those of you who say yes, you're probably realizing that it's the challenge and taking that risk that makes you grow stronger. You know there's a high chance that you'd lose, but you still try anyway because you never know what may happen.

I don't want to have a boring life. I want to live a life where I can say, "Yes, I did something today that scared me and made me uncomfortable, but I did it and I'm stronger from it." So, make that leap, you never know where those risks might lead you.