70s Songs For Every Mood

70s Songs For Every Mood

Whether you're feeling down low or high in the sky, there's a song to boogie to no matter what mood you're in

195

1. Feeling Hopeless After A Break-up: 'I Will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor

Going through a nasty breakup? Sometimes you're left in a state of mind that you'll never be okay again, or that you'll never be the same. It can be so difficult to find peace within yourself once it's been disturbed. Ms. Gaynor is here to remind you though that you WILL survive, and no person will ever be able to just walk back in your life after hurting you the way they did. Even if at first you're afraid and petrified.

2. You're In Love and Want To Dance - 'September' by Earth, Wind & Fire

Maybe you met in September, maybe you didn't. But you're floating within the clouds and all you want to do is dance around your room because of how happy you are. Name a better song for that. I'll wait.

3. When You're Working Day And Night And Deserve A Lot More Respect - 'She Works Hard For the Money' by Donna Summer

"She works hard for the money so you better treat her right." This song is a timeless anthem for hardworking women everywhere who ever feel or felt overshadowed by their male counterparts. Inequality was a much bigger problem in the 1970s, but unfortunately a message like this is still relevant today.

4. For Your Inner Flower Child: 'Imagine' - John Lennon

This song is an ode to the dreams of an ideal world where people put aside their differences and the things that set them apart to live in the moment and support one another. This sentiment still resonates with people today as social justice issues are being further emphasized than they've been since the 1970s.

5. When You're Living Your Best Single Life: 'It's Raining Men' - The Weather Girls

As stated by this iconic song, mother nature is a single woman too.