How To Deal With Toxic Friends Online

Toxic People Are Just That, Toxic, So It's Time To Unfollow, Unlike And Unsubscribe

Click that unfollow button, you'll be glad you did.

234

Have you ever been in a situation where you were friends with somebody for so long and then after a while, you drift apart or something bad happens and you realize just how crappy of a friend they were? How do we not realize the warning signs and red flags? Do we ignore these signs on purpose? I think we just get so invested in the friendship, we fail to recognize their wrongdoings.

In this day and age, unfollowing people on social media is like committing a crime. Oh, you unfollowed so and so? What a terrible person you are! Off to internet jail, you go.

You know what? Cutting people off because they are toxic is OK! It's time to start telling yourself, "Who cares if they get offended?" "Who cares if they unfollow you back?" Cutting people off isn't a resignation later, there's no explanation required as for what your reasons were. You don't owe anyone that. Don't feel bad for unfollowing/deleting someone. You're doing this for you, not for anyone else.

If you're on Snapchat, Instagram, etc. and you see a post that doesn't make you feel good and it's just affecting you in a negative way, that's a tell-tale sign that you need to delete them. Over the years, I've deleted so many people I used to be friends with. Why am I going to keep you on social media if you don't add value to my life anymore? If you wronged me? If I keep you, I'm just allowing all of that negativity in and I don't want that. What if I end up unknowingly taking on their traits?

I'm trying to get into a different mindset. I'm trying to surround myself with positive people and be in a positive environment and if someone isn't contributing to that and causing me to feel bad about myself or whatever the case may be, they can't be in my life. It's harsh, it's the truth, and it's real.