24 Most Empowering Break Up Songs

24 Most Empowering Break Up Songs

After a rough break up, these songs could make you feel like you run the world.
2989

There is no way to describe break ups besides the fact that they suck. There is no worse feeling than having to rebuild after losing a part of yourself. There are several distinct phases of a breakup. There's the first phase which is shock. This phase doesn't last long but it is there. After so long, you cannot believe it's actually over. The second phase is heartbreak. You will begin to play the best memories over and over again and beat yourself up about it. "When did it go wrong? Was it my fault?" The third and finally phase, which is my favorite, is the empowering phase. It's when you finally stop sulking and you realize how amazing you are. It is their loss and you need to know that. When this phase hits, there is little to do besides blast music and dance around with your best friends, and these are the best songs to do that too.

1. "Independence Day" by 5 Seconds of Summer

"I'm over this. I'm over you. I'm not gonna waste my life away. This is my independence day."

2. "Really Don't Care" by Demi Lovato

"Even if the stars and moon collide, I never want you back into my life. You can take your words and all your lies, oh oh oh I really don't care!"

3. "7 Things" by Miley Cyrus

"You're vain, your games, you're insecure. You love me, you like her. You make me laugh, you make me cry, I don't know what side to buy!"

4. "I Look So Good (Without You)" by Jessie James

"Hey boy, I would of thought that when you left me I'd be broken with my confidence gone, so bummed. Hey boy, I would of thought that when you said that you don't want me, I'd feel ugly n sense something was wrong. Standing in front of the mirror, my skin's never been clearer. My smile's never been brighter."

5. "Too Little Too Late" by JoJo

"It's just too little too late a little too wrong, And I can't wait. But you know all the right things to say- you know it's just too little too late.You say you dream of my face, but you don't like me, you just like the chase. To be real It doesn't matter anyway, you know it's just too little too late"

6. "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson

"But since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time. I'm so moving on yeah, yeah! Thanks to you, Now I get what I want, Since you been gone"

7. "Picture to Burn" by Taylor Swift

"I hate that stupid old pickup truck you never let me drive. You're a redneck heartbreak who's really bad at lying. So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time. As far as I'm concerned you're Just another picture to burn"

8. "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce

"You must not know about me, you must not know about me, I could have another you in a minute- Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute, baby. You must not know about me, you must not know about me, I can have another you by tomorrow- So don't you ever for a second get to thinking You're irreplaceable."

9. "Best Thing I Never Had" by Beyonce

"I wanted you bad, I'm so through with that. 'Cause honestly you turned out to be the Best thing I never had You turned out to be the Best thing I never had. And I'm gon' always be the best thing you never had Oh I bet it sucks to be you right now."

10. "Break Free" by Ariana Grande feat. Zedd

"This is the part when I say I don't want ya, I'm stronger than I've been before. This is the part when I break free Cause I can't resist it no more"

11. "Gotta Go My Own Way" by High School Musical 2

"I'm leaving today 'Cause I gotta do what's best for me, You'll be okay. I've got to move on and be who I am I just don't belong here, I hope you understand. We might find our place in this world someday But at least for now, I gotta go my way."

12. "Drunk Girls Don't Cry" by Maren Morris

"You say he saw the light, the slate is clean. He swears up and down that it's gonna be Different this time, That's like saying drunk girls don't cry"

13. "White Horse" by Taylor Swift

"Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale. I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well. This is a big world, that was a small town, There in my rear view mirror disappearing now. And its too late for you and your white horse Now its too late for you and your white horse, to catch me now."

14. "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" by Fall Out Boy

"One night and one more time, Thanks for the memories even though they weren't so great. He tastes like you, only sweeter. One night, yeah, and one more time. Thanks for the memories, Thanks for the memories."

15. "Clean" by Taylor Swift

"You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress I can't wear anymore. Hung my head as I lost the war, and the sky turned black like a perfect storm. Rain came pouring down when I was drowning, that's when I could finally breathe. And by morning gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean"

16. "Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects

"When you see my face, Hope it gives you hell, Hope it gives you hell. When you walk my way, Hope it gives you hell, Hope it gives you hell. If you find a man that's worth a damn and treats you well. Then he's a fool you're just as well Hope it gives you hell."

17. "Fade" by Kanye West

"I think I think too much, I feel it. Your love is fadin' I feel it."

18. "So Yesterday by Hilary Duff

"Come tomorrow it will seem, So yesterday, so yesterday. I'm just a bird that's already flown away- Laugh it off let it go and, When you wake up it will seem So yesterday, so yesterday. Haven't you heard that I'm gonna be okay."

19. Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo

"I'm puttin' on my shades to cover up my eyes, I'm jumpin' in my ride, I'm heading out tonight. I'm solo, I'm ridin' solo, I'm ridin' solo, I'm ridin' solo, solo. I'm feeling like a star, you can't stop my shine, I'm loving cloud nine, my head's in the sky I'm solo, I'm ridin' solo, I'm ridin' solo, I'm ridin' solo, solo"

20. Titanium by David Guetta

"I'm bulletproof- nothing to lose, Fire away, fire away. Ricochet- you take your aim, Fire away, fire away. You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium. You shoot me down but I won't fall. I am titanium"

21. That's What You Get When You Let Your Heart Win by Paramore

"That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa. That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa. I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating (beating). And that's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa."

22. Heartless by Kanye West

"You wait a couple months then you gon' see, You'll never find nobody better than me"

23. Potential Break Up Song by Ally and AJ

"The type of guy who doesn’t see what he has until she leaves. Don’t let me go cause without me, you know you’re lost. Wise up now or pay the cost. Soon you will know"

24. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

"That's all they really want, Some fun. When the working day is done Girls - they want to have fun, Oh girls just want to have fun"