23 Signs You Grew Up In NoVa

23 Signs You Grew Up In NoVa

Everything you've thought, heard and done as a Northern Virginia Native.

610

1. You rep the DMV.

That’s DC, Maryland, and Virginia, NOT the Department of Motor Vehicles.

2. Your friends are divided in half between the Redskins and the Ravens.

With the exception of a Steelers fan here and there (this also goes for baseball, between the Nats and the Orioles).

3. There are three major cities that are easily accessible.

Baltimore, DC, and Richmond.

4. There is a McDonalds and a Starbucks in every shopping center.

So you never have to go without your caffeine or nug fix.

5. Your high school parking lot looked like the lot at a BMW dealership.

BMW should just sponsor our schools.

6. You learned how to navigate airport traffic right after you got your license.

Which also began the development of your chronic road rage.

7. You sit in bumper to bumper traffic just to go ten miles.

Seriously, it’s just as bad as New York and LA traffic.

8. There’s a daycare for your child… and your pet.

The doggie daycare is probably more expensive and much nicer.

9. Every nationality and ethnic food you can imagine is within delivery distance.

Indian, Thai, Chinese, it's all waiting for you.

10. Adding a new color to the metro line means faster and easier day trips to DC.

Because who doesn't want a day of shopping in DC?

11. Speaking of DC, you’ve been more times than you can count.

See above.

12. Class field trips consisted of visiting the Smithsonian, the Newseum, and the Art Gallery.

We are worldly and cultured.

13. You always invest in the MegaTicket because Jiffy Lube Live is basically in your backyard.

MegaTicket = love.

14. Half the battle of shopping is deciding what mall to go to.

Why have just one?

15. Your graduating class was over 400 students.

And in each county, that is just one out of fifteen high schools.

16. There are speed traps and DUI checkpoints everywhere you go.

Every. Single. Night.

17. You live in either the richest county or the second richest county in the country.

The constant battle between Loudoun and Fairfax will never end.

18. The name of the place you grew up in doubles as the name of the community college.

See #15. Those people have to go somewhere.

19. When people ask where you’re from and then realize, “Oh, you’re from NoVa.”

You can’t help but roll your eyes.

20. High school rivalries are more intense than any other team or game in history.

Protect this house.

21. You do anything and everything you can to break the stereotype.

Blonde, stupid, and rich.

22. You apply to college as far away from home as possible.

But end up at either JMU, UVA, Virginia Tech, or Radford.

23. You hate everything about NoVa but can’t imagine growing up anywhere else.

But still swear you will never go back.