19 Types Of People (And Somewhere In Between)

On the spectrum of red dot notifications to no red dot, where do you fall?

13
Digital Synopsis

For those who follow me on Snapchat (@just_ferriss), then you know I have this thing with drive-thru lines. Long drive-thru lines.

I frequent Chick-Fil-A for lunch and lunchtime at Chick-Fil-A is a busy time. The line usually wraps around the building, meeting from beginning to end and sometimes beyond. So rather than waiting in line, I--WHOA, wait for it--I go inside.

You'd be AMAZED at how many people don't go inside. Don't get me wrong, I wait in line sometimes. It's not like I live my life in a hurry but I just can't get myself to wait in line when I can go inside and be out in literally 1-2 minutes. Thanks to Snapchat's time filter for helping me time my Chick-Fil-A runs and constantly amuse myself with the outcome.

This whole experiment got me thinking: What kind of person are you? And I don't mean a "McDonald's or Burger King" or "dark chocolate or milk chocolate" or "waffles or pancakes" kind-of-person. These are the kinds of which-one-are-you that get to the core of who we are.

1. Mail Stacking vs. Mail Opening

Do you open your mail, particularly bills, as you receive them or do you let them stack up and only open them when you absolutely have to? Mine are currently stacked on my counter. #MailStacker

2. FaceTime vs. Phone Call

I think the evolution of FaceTime has been an unnatural way to communicate for many people. I used to never do it--seeing yourself while talking takes some getting used to! But that's also kind of the beauty of it and creates a different sense of self-awareness. FaceTime has become a casual event and my preferred method of communication, especially with friends and family scattered across the country. #FaceTime

3. Respond Immediately vs. Two (At Least) Days Later

Or worse! You respond eventually only when you need something from the person who originally contacted you. I've been trying to make a better habit of texting/messaging/Snapping people back as I receive it. It's not always feasible during busy workdays but it's definitely too easy to let too much time go by. Be a first responder!

4. Leave A Voicemail vs. Hang Up

And if you hang up, send a text saying, "Hey, I called you." I'm a situational voicemail-leaver. Mainly because when I leave them, I usually say something like Paul Rudd does in I Love You Man.

5. Check Your Voicemail vs. Mailbox Almost Full

Who has time to listen to voicemails? You should.

6. One Bite vs. The Whole Thing

Or a handful of potato chips or the whole bag of chips. I go to Dunkin' Donuts and order one munchkin. I indulge in a box of donuts every now and then but one or two munchkins is kind of perfect. #Discipline

7. Share Dessert vs. Get Your Own

Or are you one of those people when asked if you want your own dessert, you're like, "No, I'll just have a bite of yours." And then you DEFINITELY have more than one bite. (I know, we're so annoying.)

8. Snooze vs. Up And At 'Em

I developed a bad habit of snoozing my alarm in the morning. By snoozing, I mean intentionally setting it an hour before I need to get up and "snoozing" it 3-4 (and sometimes more) times. As one could probably guess, that's not great for your sleep cycle. I'm currently trying to break that habit.

9. Debit vs. Credit

I may be disciplined in my eating habits but not so much with my financial diet. Someone recently said to me: "I don't spend money I don't have." What a concept. I'm over here like, #PutItOnMyCreditCard.

10. Front Row Seat Or Nothing At A Concert vs. Nosebleed Is Okay... Just As Long As You Go

11. Keurig vs. Morning Coffee Run

Aka spend money on coffee or make coffee at home/office and not spend money on coffee. Coffee run, definitely coffee run.

12. 500 Unread Emails vs. No Red Dot On Your Apps

13. Scroll In Bed vs. Go To Bed

"Good night, roomie!" *Comments on roomie's Instagram photo 4 hours later*

14. Routine Laundry vs. Laundry When You Need It

*This could also be: Dishes Piled vs. Clean As You Go.

15. Fold Laundry Now vs. Throw It On Your Bed

And get around to folding it later. Like, when you need to get in bed.

16. Drive Until You Find The Closest Parking Spot vs. Take The First One You See

18. Pace To Get 10,000 Steps vs. "9,500 Is Okay Today"

17. Kitchen/Dining Table vs. Island Counter

..or the couch or coffee table. My whole life, the dining room table has never been the dining room table. It's been my dad's office, a nice room to look at or a room with the prettiest decor.

18. Gas Tank Empty vs. Gas Tank Full

I've run out of gas three times in my life. And my car tells me how many miles I have. I'm a hazard to myself.

19. Class To Learn vs. Class To Get A Grade

Aka "Ohhhhh, this class sounds interesting!" vs. "Yassssss, this class will get me an A."

So, I'm a go-inside instead of a wait-in-the-drive-thru kind of girl. What type of person are you!?