20 Things That Should Become A Habit In Your Everyday Life

“Your little choices become habits that affect the bigger decisions you make in life.” ― Elizabeth George

221
Creative Dental Care

Everyone has habits, whether they realize it or not. Habits are things that we do regularly or as an addiction. Some people have bad habits, like biting their nails. Others have good habits, like brushing their teeth. Good habits are things that we do every day that benefit our physical and mental health. If you practice these good habits every day, you will live a happy and healthy life and so will those around you.

1. Smile

Make a habit of smiling because it shows that you have a good attitude on life. If you get the chance, try and make someone else smile that day as well.

2. Open the door for people

Don't just open the door for someone who has their hands full, open it for anyone that's around you; it's polite and respectful. Typically, if someone holds the door open for you, then you're more likely to hold it open it for the next person, so do it even if you're in a hurry. Also, if someone holds the door open for you, then say THANK YOU!

3. Read

Whether you're reading a magazine or a news article or the Bible or just a book for fun, it can help you stay connected in the world and expand your vocabulary.

4. Look both ways before crossing the street

This may be something you learned when you were younger, but on a college campus, it's not something that college students make a habit of doing. Even if you're at a stop sign or a crosswalk, it's always a good thing to look both ways before crossing and make sure that the car is going to stop, just in case the person driving isn't paying attention.

5. Make a to-do list

This can help someone with their organizational skills or someone who is forgetful. Making a to-do list can also help you make sure that your day is productive.

6. Drink water

And lots of it! Drinking water helps with so many things that the average person complains about. It can help with complexion, it can help with your health, it can help with your energy, and many more things.

7. Turn off the lights

Even if you're not an environmentalist or someone who's known as a 'tree-hugger' you can still help save energy by turning off the lights. It can help make our world a better place.

8. Take vitamins

Face it, not everyone is getting enough vitamins because they're not eating properly or going outside enough; it's best to take vitamins every day to keep yourself as healthy as possible.

9. Introduce yourself to someone you've never met

This is something my generation struggles with because we constantly have our faces buried into our cellphones or earbuds stuck in our ears. Introducing yourself to someone you've never met can help you get out of your comfort zone and can actually make someone else's day.

10. Eat breakfast

People always say "breakfast is the most important meal of day," and it's completely true. It's the meal that wakes up your brain and starts your day, so make sure it's healthy and delicious.

11. Make your bed

Making your bed every morning gives you a sense of organization and the idea of de-cluttering your life. It can help keep you from coming home from school or work in the middle of the day and hopping right into bed and being unproductive.

12. Clean something

Cleaning something every day can also give you a sense of organization, and it will help keep your living quarters from looking like a pig-sty at the end of the week.

13. Do an activity outside

Getting fresh air every day can help you stay energized and give you a break from work or school.

14. Learn something new

Even if you're not in school, you can still learn something new every day. Learning something new increases your knowledge and proves you're constantly growing. So if you don't know something and want to know about it, do research and learn everything you can about it so can you always join in on conversation or even start a new one.

15. Have a decent sleep schedule

This means going to bed at a decent time, waking up at a decent time, and getting enough sleep to allow your body to recuperate and get the rest it needs. It will help with your immune system and your health in general.

16. Say please and thank you

Being polite is a key to success in life, so have manners and don't be disrespectful to those around you, even if they're younger than you.

17. Brush your teeth

Brushing your teeth seems like common sense to most people, but it's something not everyone has made a habit of. Coming to work or school with bad breath is a complete turn-off; people around you do not want to be stuck with a person that has bad breath.

18. Exercise

Exercising every day is kind of hard for everyone, but even if it's going for a walk or doing yoga or riding a bicycle, it's something that you should attempt to do every day because it will keep you active and healthy for a long time.

19. Make yourself look presentable

Getting out of bed in the morning may be a struggle for some, but you shouldn't show up to class in your pajamas. Make yourself look presentable because you never know who you are going to meet that day, and it can help you have a long productive day.

20. Say I love you

Saying "I love you" is a big deal, and it has a huge meaning, but if you mean it, then you should say it a lot because people need to be reassured. If you love your best friend, tell them. If you love your parents, tell them. If you love your siblings, tell them. If you love your significant other, tell them. If you love someone, don't be afraid to tell them everyday.