Summer. That glorious time of freedom for college students. Oh, wait. We're supposed to pretend to be adults now. Never mind. Anyway, whether you are accepting your new found adulthood or still trying to hold on to your freedom, here are some things you're probably going through this summer:
1. When that last terrifying spring final is over
Sweet, glorious FREEDOM.
2. The moment you realize you now have to move all your stuff home
Um, where did all this crap come from? Have my clothes been spawning?
3. Saying goodbye to your best friend who lives five states away
Goodbye social life, hello Netflix.
4. When you finally make it home
Has the house always smelled this good? It must be the blissful release of no responsibilities.
5. When your life becomes consumed by your latest Netflix addiction
Until you finish it, and your heart is dragged across the floor. With a knife in it.
6. And when you realize that addiction might require rehab
Hello, my name is Ted, and I watched six seasons of "FRIENDS" without moving.
7. When your mom makes your favorite childhood meal
This is what real nourishment tastes like, not that dining hall imitation of food.
8. When you hangout with your best friends from high school
Once besties, always besties. And besties are always honest.
9. When you realize you have no money and need a job
Hey, where'd all my Benjamins go? Oh, wait. That was Monopoly.
10. And finding a job is a lot harder than you thought it would be
Since when did a college student have time to get five years of experience? You do realize this is a grocery store clerk job, right?
11. And when you realize you have no social life because of that job
Work, sleep, eat, work, eat, work, work. Wait. That's not how that is supposed to go.
12. When you finally get to go on a real vacation
Goodbye boredom, hello adventure. And tan lines.
13. Or when social media reminds you everyone besides you is having fun
That's okay. If I stare at my wall long enough and squint one eye, it looks like it's moving. That's all the excitement I need in life.
14. Lazy days at the pool
Ahh, the sweet aroma of chlorine.
15. Or when you realize the sun hates you
Oh yeah, this is why I don't go outside. Ever.
16. When you get a brain freeze from all the Popsicles
And if you think you're too old for Popsicles, then you're dead. No one is too old for Popsicles.
17. When you realize the summer is almost over
Excuse me while I go breathe into a paper bag.
18. Packing up your life to move back to school
I need a bigger suitcase. And a bigger car. And a bigger room. Why do I have so much stuff?
19. Getting back to school and realizing that you now have responsibilities again
Well, goodbye free time. It's been nice knowing you.