19 Lessons I Wish I Wouldn't Have Learned The Hard Way

Just take it from me.

1916
Ashley Rose Corbin

Seriously just believe me when I tell you these things. It's better to know now than to find out for yourself. If you're anything like me, though, you won't listen. And, eventually, you'll figure it out on your own. Then, you'll also wish you wouldn't have learned these lessons the hard way.

1. Everyone is going to let you down at one point or another.

They say it's about who's worth the letdown.

2. Don't ever put a guy before your friends and family.

Guys come and go. Don't forget about the people who have been there all along.

3. One day, you grow up and have to make your own doctor's appointments and go grocery shopping.

And you'll have to pay for these, as well.

4. Our time with some is very limited.

Time is so precious. Make the very most of the time you're given with those around you.

5. Every action causes a reaction.

Every little thing you do or say will affect someone in some way. now, this may be a good thing or bad. That's up to you.

6. If you don't want to fail in college you actually have to study.

I know, crazy, huh?

7. Don't let your best friend dye your hair, no matter how good she claims to be.

Or you may end up with half-orange-half gray hair.

8. Wear lots of sunscreen when you're out on the river on Labor Day weekend.

This was painful to even think about.

9. Not everyone wants what's best for you.

Just keep that in mind.

10. Your first love may not be your last.

But life goes on.

11. The Cubs are capable of winning the World Series.

Sadly.

12. Promises get broken.

Don't expect much from others. If you want something, get up and do it for yourself. You are your best bet.

13. There are few genuine people out there.

So when you find one, don't let them go.

14. Most people want to hear your stories so they can spread them, not because they care.

Be very careful who you open up to.

15. Do not let anything or anyone stop you from doing what you want to do.

At the end of the day, all you're gonna have is God and yourself.

16. You should stop at stop signs.

Or you might pull out in front of someone and you might get pulled over and you might get a ticket.

17. Don't jerk your arm away when you're getting a shot.

If you think shots hurt before... boy, oh, boy.

18. When shopping with your grandma, don't try on clothes in front of her if you're trying to hide your tattoo.

Because then she'll lecture you for the rest of your life about how tattoos are bad.

19. Don't waste a minute being unhappy.

No lesson learned the hard way should be enough to make you unhappy. Nobody should ever have the power to take away from your happiness. Do what you have got to do for yourself to live your life to its fullest potential. Surround yourself with people you love and that encourage you rather than bring you down. Life is way too short ot not enjoy your every breathing minute.

Now don't say I didn't warn y'all.

XO and best wishes,

Ashley Rose Corbin