Of all Summer jobs, being a camp counselor is unique. It's probably the best job out there, to be honest. I spend my days hanging out with awesome kids and coming up with ridiculous things to do with them- and I get to do that every day (and get paid to do it)! However, all of the perks aside, I think many people underestimate how tough the job actually is. Between the difficult kids and the, in my case, permanent state of sunburnt, there are some hurdles for sure. Either way, camp is an experience like no other and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Here are 17 things every camp counselor can relate to.
1. It's day 1, registration time, and you see your favorite camper for the first time in a whole year.
2. Day 1, ten minutes later- you see the child that still haunts you in your
3. Day 1, the festivities have begun and you realize you're in way over your head.
4. Going the absolute hardest in every single camp song.
BUBBLEGUM! BAZOOKA-ZOOKA BUBBLEGUM!
5. When the kid who always cries, well, cries again.
6. When it's time for a buddy check, and you haven't the slightest clue where your campers are.
7. LUNCH TIME
Eat, children. This is my happy place.
8. Feeling personally offended when a camper doesn't like a game you invented.
9. Feeling equally as wonderful when they love it.
10. When a camper does something AMAZING and you feel like a proud parent.
11. The power of having a squirt gun, and using it on all the naughty children.
12. The anger when some camper has the audacity to get you wet.
13. The heart attack when a kid falls/trips/collides/etc.
please don't cry.
14.The stages of a night camping out:
Great songs, great bonfire, great talks.
Wide awake. All night long.
15. Feeling like an Olympian during camp games.
16. Nothing beats a group hug with 30 kids.
17. CAMP IS THE BEST. EVER
Have a great summer, and best of luck!