16 Things To Look Forward To In 2016

16 Things To Look Forward To In 2016

2016 is nearing, and there are many things we are already looking forward to in the new year!

80
16 Things To Look Forward To In 2016

2016 is quickly approaching, and many of us are already looking forward to the new year. Whether it's a new book, movie, vacation, or just fun times spent with friends, we can't wait for to enjoy all that is to come. Here are just a few of the items you may be looking forward to in 2016.

1. The Summer Olympics

The Summer Olympics is one of the best things to watch in the summer, with events such as gymnastics, beach volleyball, water polo, and many more. This year, the Olympics will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from August 5 to August 21.

2. Justin Bieber Concert

Since his new album, "Purpose," released, Beliebers have been dying to go to his concert kicking off in 2016. Make sure to get your tickets. And if you're really in love with him, you can also pay $2,000 to meet him. In this case, money does buy happiness.

3. The Presidential Election

It seems like we've been hearing news about the election for years now. Many of us college students have the opportunity to vote in 2016, just make sure to vote wisely. Yea for rights!

4. "Finding Dory"

It's the moment we've been waiting for since 2003 when "Finding Nemo" first came out: "Finding Dory." This spectacular sequel is coming to theaters on June 17, 2016, and I know your inner child is longing to see it.

5. iPhone 7

With the recent release of the iPhone 6s, customers are even more excited for the iPhone 7 to come out since the 6s was a bit of a disappointment. Rumors say that the iPhone 7 is going to be thinner with more unexpected design elements.

6. Firefly 2016

Firefly—one of the most anticipated, biggest music festivals of the summer—has released its lineup, and it is insanely amazing. The festival consists of four days of amazing artists playing their latest and greatest hits, including Mumford and Sons, Ellie Goulding, Kings of Leon, Florence and the Machine, and a bunch more.

7. Adele Concert

Adele is back and breaking the charts with her new album, "25." What better way to celebrate 2016 by going to her concert with your best friends?

8. Spring Break

Whether you're going on an exciting tropical adventure with your friends or just spending time with your family and friends, spring break is always sure to be a good time.

9. Studying Abroad

Many may be studying abroad in either the spring or fall of 2016 in hundreds of different countries. New places means new experiences with your best friends—what's better than that?

10. Summer

I can guarantee almost everyone loves summer. Whether it's the no homework aspect, going to the beach, or just lounging on the couch all day, summer is sure to be fun and relaxing.

11. One Direction Concert

Another concert to save up your money for! One Direction's new album includes perfect songs to jam out to with your friends.

12. Saint Patrick's Day

A huge holiday filled with drinking, green outfits, and friends. Not much more than that.

13. Syllabus Week

The best time of the year is when us college kids have no work and can go out every night, and it is still acceptable. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

14. Friends' 21st Birthdays

Several college kids will be turning 21 in 2016, which means you get to attend tons of birthday parties with your best friends.

15. The Unexpected

Whether it's a summer internship, new friends, or even a new pet, 2016 will bring many opportunities and exciting new things or events to your life.

16. Good Times Spent with Family and Friends

Overall be sure to spend time with your family and friends. Be positive, and reject the negativity in your life. Live in the moment, and stop looking into the future. You'll be happy you did.