16 Things To Leave In 2016

A lot happened in 2016, especially online and in pop culture. Some good, some bad and some just outright annoying. Here's a list of things that have no place in the new year. Here are 16 things that should stay in 2016.

1. Harambe

A gorilla that died in 2016 quickly rose to internet fame and became the face of one too many memes. Social media can be so weird. Let's leave him and all the jokes in 2016.

2. The saying "Netflix and chill"

Let's be real, it's overused and no one wants to hear it.

3. Chokers

Just when we thought 2016 was bad, it got worse: chokers made a comeback. It was quite the horrifying attempt at a fashion statement made by many celebrities.

4. Man Buns

Harry Styles cut his hair and moved on, you can too.

5. Pokemon Go

The Pokemon can go, go away that is.

6. Musical.lys

Please tell me I'm not the only one so over seeing 12 to 14-year-olds and younger getting internet famous from making ridiculous videos of themselves lip-syncing to music.

7. Jacob Sartorius

Following #6, this kid is the perfect example of a tween famous from the app. Wondering how bad it could possibly be? Check out his "hit" song here.

8. The whip and the nae nae

Watch me, watch me, watch me leave this dance in 2016.

9. Vine

Vine died in 2016, but people are still talking about it and promoting their channels. The app is over, please let it stay that way.

10. Those Spongebob memes

If I see one more caveman Spongebob meme on my timeline I swear I'm going to pull my hair out.

11. Water bottle flips

Can I get an amen?

12 Mannequin Challenge

I wonder just how many of these were completed in 2016. Intriguing at first but now just overdone and overplayed.

13. Evil Kermit the Frog memes

I saw about 100 different ones of these during finals week. We've had our fill. Internet, it's time to move on.

14. Hilary Clinton

Trump won, leave Clinton and the rest of her campaign in 2016.

15. Debates about Starbucks holiday cups

People will always find something to critique during the holiday season, but how about in 2017 we keep it to ourselves because newsflash: no one really cares.

16. Celebrity deaths

So many people passed this year. Google it, it's crazy to see all the names. May they all rest in peace. 2017, please be easy on us.