- The ASPCA commercial does nothing to you.
- You get confused when people are upset.
- You have to put effort into pretending to care.
- When you think you’re having an emotional reaction, it’s usually just hunger.
- All of your friends have started dating, saying they’ve found “the one.” Like shut up you’re 20, you don’t even know who you are let alone who you’re going to spend the rest of your life with. Stop making out in front of me, or I’ll put laxatives in your food.
- You didn’t cry at the movies, "Up," "The Fault in Our Stars," or "The Notebook."
- Love makes you a little nauseous.
- You identify with the dog in most situations.
- A pat on the back is the most consolation you give.
- Most touching makes you uncomfortable.
- Crying babies do nothing to you.
- Nothing for laughing babies either.
- You’re the guy who cuts a long line at Starbucks claiming your mom is in the hospital.
- You literally don’t feel.
- Blinking is usually your automatic response when people are upset. Do you know how much energy is expended on faking sincerity? Let me tell you, A LOT.
- To be honest, you’re most concerned with the next time you’ll eat, have sex, and poop.
Popular Right Now
We all have those days where we let the negative thoughts that we're "not good enough," "not pretty enough" or "not smart enough" invade our minds. It's easy to lose hope in these situations and to feel like it would be easier to just give up. However, the Bible reminds us that these things that we tell ourselves are not true and it gives us the affirmations that we need. Let these verses give you the power and motivation that you're lacking.
1. Proverbs 31:25
"She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future."
2. Psalm 46:5
"God is within her, she will not fall."
3. Luke 1:45
"Blessed is she who believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her."
4. Proverbs 31:17
"She is energetic and strong, a hard worker."
5. Psalm 28:7
"The Lord is my strength and my shield."
6. Proverbs 11:16
"A gracious woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth."
7. Joshua 1:9
"Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
8. Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised."
9. 1 Corinthians 15:10
"By the grace of God, I am what I am."
10. Proverbs 31:26
"When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness."
11. Psalm 139:14
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
12. 1 Peter 3:3-4
"Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God."
13. Colossians 2:10
"And in Christ you have been brought to fullness."
14. 2 Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."
15. Jeremiah 29:11
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'"
16. Exodus 14:14
"The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm."
17. Song of Songs 4:7
"You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way."
Next time you're feeling discouraged or weak, come back to these verses and use them to give you the strength and power that you need to conquer your battles.
You dread the sound of your alarm. You snooze and snooze and snooze and snooze.
When you finally pull yourself out of bed, pressed time forces you to throw on stained sweats
you find yourself chugging a cup of coffee.
You sit on the couch and contemplate calling out of work
You caught the stomach bug,
Or perhaps the flu,
Maybe you broke your collar bone
Or need a new phone
The endless list of excuses repeats through your head as you sit on the couch, wishing you were still in bed.
It takes every ounce
Every fiber of your being to pull yourself off the couch
And into the car
And into the building where you work
This is just how it goes
You are not alone.
You awake to the beautiful sound of birds
Chirping outside your window
The sun sneaks its way into your room
A smile creeps across your face as you realize you are awake to see a new day
You make a good breakfast
You read a few pages of your favorite book
You get your mind ready for the things it will accomplish today
Before you know it you've worked an entire day
Your job is done
As you pull into your driveway,
you take a few breaths
Feeling grateful for another meaningful day.
This is how it goes
You are not alone.
Every day is a gamble,
Every day is a gift
The key to getting more good days
Is believing that everyday is one.You are not alone, this is just how it goes.