15 Binge-Worthy Shows on Netflix

15 Binge-Worthy Shows on Netflix

Save this list for when you need it.

26
15 Binge-Worthy Shows on Netflix
i.kinja-img

If you enjoy TV or movies, you most likely have a Netflix subscription. Netflix is basically the best invention ever- hundreds of movies and shows at your finger tips that you can binge watch to your heart's desire. The only problem? With all of those choices, it's hard to narrow it down to what you should pick to watch next. Here's 15 of the best series on Netflix (in no particular order, they're all the best of the best):

"House of Cards"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 4 (52 Episodes)

In Washington, D.C. this series is the story of Frank Underwood, a Democrat from the 5th congressional district of South Carolina. After he was passed over for Secretary of State, he creates an elaborate plan to move himself into a greater position of power with the help of his wife.

" Gilmore Girls"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 7 (157 episodes)

Gilmore Girls, a comedy-tv show, follows the life of a single mother, Lorelai Gilmore, and her daughter, Rory Gilmore throughout their life in small-town Stars Hallow, Connecticut. It revolves around their day to day lives: work, relationships, and family. The relationship of the girls with Lorelai's wealthy parents, Emily and Richard Gilmore, serves as the center of the comedy and drama of the show.

"Parks and Recreation"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 7 (125 Episodes)

This comedy sitcom follows Leslie Knope, a deputy director at the park department of Pawnee, Indiana, day to day at her job and her countless efforts to improve the town. It also follows her co-workers, most of which do not share Leslie's passion for the park department.

"How I Met Your Mother"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 9 (205 Episodes)

"How I Met Your Mother" (or HIMYM) is the story of love, life, and jokes between a group of 5 friends: Lilly, Marshall, Ted, Robin, and Barney living in Manhattan. The series is formatted on Ted speaking to his children in the year 2030, recalling his life by telling his children the story of how he met their mother.

"Law and Order: Special Victims Unit"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 17 (386 Episodes)

This crime drama follows detectives in New York City as they investigate and solve sexually based crimes, rapes, kidnappings, and many more. It can't be summed up better than the show's introduction: "In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories".

"Prison Break"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 4 (81 Episodes)

"Prison Break" is just that. It's a drama involving two brothers, one of which was sentenced to a death sentence for a crime that he did not commit. His elaborate plan to escape and clear his name isn't possible without the help of his brother and many people involved with the prison.

"Breaking Bad"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 5 (62 Episodes)

The drama-filled story of a high school chemistry teacher who has been diagnosed with lung cancer. In addition, his wife has just had a baby and their teenage son is battling with cerebral palsy. Out of a desperate attempt to fund his family while he still has time, he turns an old RV into a meth lab on wheels.

"Orange is the New Black"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 3 (39 Episodes)

A Netflix original series, is based on inmate Piper Kerman's memoir of her time in an all women's prison. Main character, Piper Chapman is in her 30's when she is sentenced to 15 months in prison for a crime she committed with her then girlfriend nearly 10 years ago where they transported drugs. The show has become Netflix most watched series.

"Sons of Anarchy"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 7 (92 Episodes)

This crime drama follows a tight knit outlaw motorcycle club, "The Sons of Anarchy" (or SAMCRO), in Charming, California as they run a garage day to day all while dealing with selling fire arms and other illegal activities. Jax Teller, the club's vice president, begins to question the club as well as the president of the club, Clay, who happens to be his step-father. Jax uses a book written by his dead father to discover himself and figure out what is best for the club.

"American Horror Story"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 5 (63 Episodes)

An anthology series (a series which each season or episode features a different story or characters), this horror filled show has 5 seasons, each of which have a different title: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, and Hotel. Each season covers a new story, new place, and new characters, some of which are inspired by true events.

"Making a Murderer"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 1 (10 Episodes)

This Netflix original series is a documentary of a man named Steven Avery whom serves 18 years in prison for the sexual assault and attempted murder of Penny Beernsten and was later exonerated. Just two years later he was again arrested and convicted for the murder of Teresa Halbach, whom which his nephew was also arrested in connection with.

"That 70's Show"

Netflix rating: 4.9/5

Seasons: 8 (200 Episodes)

This sitcom takes place in Point Place, Wisconsin as it tells the story of the lives of a group of teenage friends during the 70's (obviously). The show follows the group living their lives as they go through high school together and later part ways for college all while dealing with relationships, families, jobs, and things of the 70's era.

"One Tree Hill"

Netflix rating: 4.5/5

Seasons: 9 (187 Episodes)

This TV drama in Tree Hill, North Carolina, follows the lives of two half brothers, Nathan and Lucas, who compete with each other on their school's basketball team and going from enemies to friends and eventually to brothers. Their father, Dan, is an outspoken graduate and basketball star who now owns a car dealership while he constantly pushes his son Nathan to be the player he expects of him and ignores Lucas. Lucas has a single mother, Deb, who owns a small cafe and constantly pushes him to be the best person he can be. Not only is there drama with them and their parents but also with girls, some of the same girls even.

"Friends"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 10 (236 Episodes)

Unless you live under a rock, you've probably at least heard of this show. It is about just that: a group of friends. The sitcom takes place in Manhattan about six friends over the course of 10 years covering all the drama, relationships, songs, jobs, laughs, arguments, tears, and everything in between.

" Grey's Anatomy"

Netflix rating: 5/5

Seasons: 12 (267 Episodes)

This drama focuses on the lives of surgeons, doctors, interns, residents, as they maintain their personal lives and work lives sometimes mixing in relationships. Centered around Meredith Grey, an aspiring surgeon and daughter of one of the best surgeons, Dr. Ellis Grey. Meredith goes through professional and personal challenges along with fellow surgeons at Seattle Grace Hospital.