15 Reasons UCLA Men's Basketball Season Is The Best Time Of The Year

'Cause sometimes the Rose Bowl is too far.

11

UCLA Men's Basketball has returned, and it's one of my favorite times of the school year. Well, so is football season, but that's a different story. It's time to calm that emotion-filled and sometimes broken heart down from the roller coaster of UCLA football and head over to Pauley. Even if you're usually not into watching basketball (like me, heh), I can tell you that you'll have a great time at the games this year.

Here are 15 Reasons why Men's Basketball Season is the best:

1. Walking to Pauley

Driving or riding in the rooter bus to the Rose Bowl with a group of friends are some of my favorite memories. Nevertheless, one can't deny the convenience of walking down to Pauley Pavilion.

2. Pauley, though

So Pauley Pavilion still takes my breath away every time I walk into the blue and gold stadium. No Sunset flooding can tear this beauty down for good.

3. Air conditioning

Let's be real, I will stand outside in Pasadena cheering on our Bruins when it's 98 degrees outside. Honestly, though, air conditioning can't be beat.

4. Roll Call

How fun is it to learn all of our player's names by cheering for them at the top of your lungs before we start?

5. Roll Call for the other team

"Who's that?" "Who cares?" "So what?" "Who's he?" "Go home!"

6. Frisbee Cheer

If you didn't think we were obnoxious enough before, let's point out the losing team.

7. Team members' giant heads

What better way to distract the other team than hold up a giant face of Tony Parker?

8. Free swag

The Den constantly gives out free incentives to come to the games (not like you should need it, 'cause they're awesome.)

9. Free prizes

You never know when you might win a UCLA watch.

10. Perfect de-stresser from midterms & finals

Have I gone to the basketball game the night before a chemistry final? Maybe. Was it worth it? Absolutely.

11. Takes less time than football

Football is an all-day affair, whereas you can still be productive with the rest of your night after a basketball game if needed.

12. Celebrity sightings

Since UCLA is located in the best part of LA (not a biased opinion whatsoever, obviously), tons of celebrities will randomly show up to the games.

13. Learning school traditions

It's always fun to learn new cheers and traditions of your school.

14. Making new friends

What better way to bond than deck out in blue and head over to Pauley together?

15. Supporting our school and fellow classmates

It's what Bruins should do.