15 Common Horse Show Thoughts

15 Common Horse Show Thoughts

Gotta love a good horse show!
40

This past weekend, I (as well as the rest of the equine program members at my college) had to assist with the running of the IEA show we host every year. That meant getting up way too early and hand-walking horses in way too many circles between way too many classes. But at the end of the day, it was great to watch high schoolers enjoy some of the horses I have the privilege of riding every week at Cazenovia College. I haven't horse shown in a long time, and it is something I miss even though I never did anything more than a few local shows and IEA. But watching these kids made me think back to my IEA days and some of the thoughts that go through just about every rider's head during a horse show.

First thought at the crack of dawn: I hate horses.

Why do I do this to myself?

It's too early.

NEED. COFFEE.

I hope there's nothing stupid that's going to spook my horse.

I wonder what the food truck has...

Ugh, how many more classes until mine?

I swear to god if my horse spooks at that jump I'm going to cry.

No tears, you're better than that.

Oh, that course doesn't look so bad.

I hope I don't forget my course.

*Middle, of course, * Wait...where's my next jump?

At least I didn't die.

My god, my horse is a saint.

Can't wait to do it again!