If you're planning on getting a spray tan, you definitely should plan ahead!
1. Do Your Research
Look up info about spray tans and research different spray tan companies near you. Look at reviews and talk to your friends who have gotten them.
2. Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate
Exfoliate to get the dead skin off and help soften your skin. This will help prevent you from getting a splotchy tan.
3. Shave Beforehand
Shave beforehand because shaving right after can cause your tan to fade quicker.
4. Don't Wear Any Products
Don't wear makeup, lotions, deodorant, or perfume going into your tan. This can leave a barrier on your skin and can cause streaking.
5. Decide What You'll Wear
Decide what you'll want to wear for the spray tan. Some people go nude while others wear a bikini or just a thong. It's up to you based on your comfort level and if you're okay with some tan lines.
6. Ask Your Spray Tan Technician About Colors
Ask them what they think will work best on you. Look at photos of people who got that color sprayed on them. If you have any concerns, talk to your technician about them beforehand. Don't be afraid to let them know it's your first spray and ask any questions you have!
7. Take Off Jewelry
Don't wear necklaces, rings, bracelets, watches, etc. These will leave tan lines and can also get your jewelry dirty.
8. Wear Loose Clothes After
Wear loose clothing and preferably something dark colored. You don't want your clothes rubbing on the fresh tan. This can remove the color from your skin or possibly stain your clothes.
9. Try To Avoid Moisture
Try to avoid working out after because the sweat can mess up the color. Also try to avoid going in the rain, swimming, or showering for a bit.
10. Wait To Shower
Different people will tell you different times of how long to wait. Try to wait at least 6-8 hours before showering and sleep in your tan if you want, and then shower the next morning. The first shower should be a quick rinse without using products or scrubbing.
11. Pat Dry
After showering, pat dry. Do NOT rub your skin dry with the towel.
Moisture daily or even twice a day to keep your skin glowing. Try to avoid lotions with oils that may fade your tan.
13. Avoid Exfoliants, Harsh Soaps, and Oil-Based Products
These can make your tan fade quicker so try to avoid them. Also avoid pore strips, waxing, etc.
- 13 Beauty Tips And Tricks That Amazingly Aren't Total B.S. ›
- How To Appear More Tan Than You Actually Are ›
- The Battle Of The Tans: Spray Tan Or Self-Tan? ›
- 7 Self Tanning Tips For The Pasty White Girl Who's Not Down To ... ›
- 12 Things You Need To Do Before You Get A Spray Tan ›
- 4 Tips for the Perfect Spray Tan ›
- 14 Things No One Tells You Before Your First Spray Tan ›
- The Best Spray Tan Routine | Spray Tan Tips - YouTube ›
- The 12 Best Spray-Tanning Tips From a Hollywood Expert | Who ... ›
- The Best Spray Tan Routine EVER: Spray Tan Tips & Tricks | The ... ›
- 21 Spray-Tanning Tips to Follow — to Avoid Looking a Bright ... ›
- Sunless Spray Tanning Tips ›
- Confessions of a Spray-Tan Newbie - Allure ›
- First time spray tan? 14 things you need to know before your ... ›
- 10 Spray Tan Tips You Absolutely Need to Know Before Your First ... ›
- 10 Spray Tan Tips You Need To Know | Palm Beach Tan ›