13 Signs It’s The End Of The Semester

13 Signs It’s The End Of The Semester

‘Twas the end of the semester, and all through the campus. Not a college student was smiling, not even the freshmen.

123
13 Signs It’s The End Of The Semester
Teen NIck

‘Twas the end of the semester, and all through the campus, not a college student was smiling, not even the freshmen; The students were up studying with great care, in hopes that the grading scale would be rather fair; The students were panicking all night in their beds; While visions of failing came to their heads; When all of a sudden there arose the sun with a flash. I sprang up from my desk to begin rushing to class...Happy Finals week to all, and to all pulling all-nighters!

It is that time in the semester. The end is near but, it couldn’t get here fast enough! You are ready for summer but still have so much to do. Papers, exams, presentations, and so on. You name it and you probably still have to do that with little to no time. The stress is real. The stakes are high. But, it is almost over! Keep your head up! Here is something to make you laugh during these last few days: 13 signs it’s the end of the semester according to the TV series, "Malcolm in the Middle."

1.”I’m just gonna go crawl under a rock now.”

The amount of assignments you still have to complete is unbearable and nauseating. A 10 page paper, three finals and a presentation. All in only three days! The workload is tremendous. You are contemplating life right now and your decision to put yourself through such agony and pain. Crawling under a rock seems like a pretty good option in life at this point.

2. When reality hits you in the face...

That moment when you realize how much work you have. The entire semester hasn’t been too bad. You were busy here and there but you got by and managed. Then, you got to finals week...and it slapped you right in the face!

3. Your solution to coping with stress: food

The amount of stress during finals week is endless. First, the stress starts because of writing papers and studying for exams. This stress then causes you to literally stress about everything and anything else. How do you cope with this stress? One word: fotod. Food is the ultimate stress reliever! You indulge and binge on your favorite comfort foods every opportunity you get.

4. Slowly drowning in school work and tears

Loads upon loads of assignments piled up right at the end of the semester. There is never a break. There is constantly something you are trying to catch up on and complete. It’s as if you are drowning in schoolwork, not to mention the amount of tears you have produced in the last few weeks due to high levels of stress and test anxiety.

5. When someone tries talking to you during finals week.

You have barely slept in three days. You have been up studying and typing papers. You consume large amounts of coffee to barely function during the day. You are irritated. You are annoyed. You are completely sick of the semester. During the midst of this agony, some innocent soul tries talking to you. See, that's where they went all wrong. Because, you are barely holding it together at this point and you just snap. You lose it and go psycho on the person. Oh , the joys of being sleep-deprived in college.

6. That moment when you finish an exam...

It’s exam day. Your were up studying all night and at this point, it's either you know the information or you don’t. So, you go into the classroom with the mindset of having no expectations. Whatever happens, happens. That is the attitude you have before walking into the test. “May the odds be ever in your favor.” That moment the professor hands you the exam and you read the first question and you begin to think..”I expect nothing and I still get let down.”

7. One reaction after finishing an exam...

Finally you stand up from your desk and hand the professor your completed exam. You are feeling pretty good and confident about your answers. As you walk out the door and into the hallway you feel as if you have conquered the word..You are on cloud nine as you state, “I got this!”

8. Another reaction...

Let's be realistic. This is really what happened after you completed the exam. You walked out into the hallway and lost it. Everything is uncertain and you have no idea what just happened in that classroom. You rant and vigorously discuss the exam with your friends. You compare answers to the questions, pinpointing every wrong answer you made. You have a mental breakdown hoping that your professor will have mercy on your soul.

9. ”At some point it all stops.”

A brief thought comes to your mind. You are less than weeks or even days from being done. All of these late nights, sleepless nights and constant assignments will soon be over. The semester is at an end and summer is near. However, this thought doesn’t last long because you have a paper to type and final exams to study for that are all occurring the next day.

10.”Sleep is the only thing tht makes my life worthwhile," and you can't even enjoy it!

Sleep is your best friend. You share a special irreplaceable bond with your bed and pillow. Well, finals week is totally messing with this relationship! You can’t even remember the last time you got to sleep for more than two hours. Finals week is taking the one things in life that makes it worthwhile!

11. What you feel like doing to your professor's house.

You ask yourself, why is finals week so crazy and stressful? Then you realize that it really doesn’t have to be. Your professors devised the course schedules and decided to make all of your assignments the last few weeks of classes. Knowing that the mass chaos of finals week could have easily been prevented, by your professors, makes you feel rather bitter and hostile. They wished this evil upon us!

12. That feeling you get when the semester is finally over...

And now it’s over. The semester is done. It is all over. You are physically drained, exhausted, and ready for a nap but, your inner self is rejoicing and dancing inside. With the little energy you have left you dance for joy that it is finally summertime!

13. What your life will consist of for the next few months...”Netflix and napping.”

Now that's it's summer, you now have the next few months off to yourself. No more tests, no more presentations and no more papers! You are free! You can now spend your weekends other than at a desk with your laptop and books. What will you do with all of this extra time on your hands? Your life for the next few months will consist of binge watching Netflix and finally getting the sleep you so deserve and need.

To all the stressed and sleep-deprived college students out there, happy finals week and good luck!