13 Reasons You Need A Sarcastic Best Friend

Because who else will subtly tell it like it is.

108

1. They're trustworthy

If you tell them something, there's no chance that they will tell anyone what you said. They've got your back and wouldn't break that trust.

2. They won't take shit from other people

If anyone is mean to you, they'll be quick to say something witty back to them in your defense.

3. They'll let you know when you're being the worst

Sometimes you overreact to a situation, and they'll use a little sarcasm to help bring you back down to earth about the situation so that you don't go overboard.

4. They're always there to keep you grounded

If you mess up, or say something that makes no sense there is a 0 percent chance that they'll let it go without saying something about it.

5. They know you can take it, so of course they'll make fun of you

Half of the things they say to you they would never say to other people. They know that they would have no other friends if they always spoke their mind to them, so they have you for that.

6. They'll tell it like it is

They will not hesitate to tell the cold honest truth to anyone who is listening. They do not know what the point of lying about something trivial is.

7. You have to apologize a lot because people think they're rude, but they just can't turn it off

You end up saying, "Sorry they're being sarcastic," a lot.

8. They don't get overly sentimental

Usually they aren't the friend that is overly dramatic or always needs to talk about their feelings.

9. They know when to turn it off and just be there

They'll always be your shoulder to cry on and will tell it like it is, and know that certain situations just don't need their sarcastic input in it.

10. They show they care through sarcasm

They don't like most people, but you made the cut, and you know others did when they begin to be sarcastic around them too.

11. Few understand what you two are ever talking about

Sometimes you'll be around other people and talk about how you saw your "boyfriend" the other day when you're really talking about some cute guy you always see and continue on talking about it like it's casual conversation.

12. They know how to make you laugh

You're best friends for a reason, they know how to make you laugh. You can never hang out without cracking up and you wouldn't change that for anything.

13. And will support you no matter what

They're your person and will always be there for you no matter what. Even if it's through sarcastic comments and gestures.