13 Reasons Why The Animated Comedy Series 'Archer' Will Steal Your Heart

Careful, you're entering the DANGER ZONE!

318

Before I entered the danger zone, with the help of my best friend, I remember seeing the commercial on the FX TV channel thinking, "That looks pretty cool."

Archer is an American adult cartoon that you can catch on the FX network. The series first aired in 2010 and is on its seventh season, which will be aired starting March 31, 2016. If you haven't seen the show yet, Netflix has up to season five online and will most likely add season six when the new season airs.

Archer features self-centered, alcoholic, womanizer and super spy leading man Sterling Archer and follows the crazy mishaps of the spy agency "International Secret Intelligence Service" (ISIS) - the name changes in the future for obvious reasons.

The cast includes Lana Kane (kickass super spy), Ray Gillette (openly gay field agent), Malory Archer (crazy mother and head of ISIS), Cheryl/Carol (plan crazy secretary for Malory but also insanely rich), Cyril Figgis (annoying financial controller), Pam Poovey (ISIS's human resources director), Dr. Krieger (crazy scientist) and Woodhouse (heroin-addicted and abused valet for Archer).

Let's begin your journey into the show with these 13 reasons to watch Archer. Warning: spoilers ahead!

1. Once you start watching Archer you'll be introduced to the danger zone - which is just Archers annoying way to tell Lana that she "has to be" in love with him or to note his favorite song "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins. You'll soon find yourself saying that to people...

2. Sterling Archer is always drunk, which he probably learned from his mother and you seriously wouldn't have it any other way.

Did I say a lot?

3. RAMPAAAAAAGE!!!Terms of En-Rampagement (title curtsey of Archer) is probably one of the best episodes of the series. Trust me.

4. The show is action-packed in ways you won't even see coming.

5. Lana can kick some serious butt! Anyone else want to be like her?

6. I hope you will all join me in my dislike for Cyril. You'll see what I mean once you toon in.

Just so you know how serious I am.

7. Despite all the crap that Archer does he is still the best and most feared spy...bet Cyril can't do that!

8. Pam is a beast! When you first meet her, you'll probably be unsure of her because she is always try to have sex with everyone, but she can seriously kick butt which makes up for it I guess.

9. Malory is hands down the reason for the way Archer acts and their relationship is weird at best but you'll want to watch all way she selfishly uses ISIS.

10. At first Cheryl seems like any ditzy secretary but as you watch, you'll learn how insane she is with masochistic tendencies. Who knows what she'll do next?

11. Doctor Krieger spends most of this time working on projects to fulfill his sexual fantasies and is said in the show to be possibly a clone of Adolf Hitler.

12. Ray is ISIS's third field agent, who eventually gets bionic legs after he gets paralyzed.

13. You can't help but feel bad for Woodhouse but he'll surprise you along the way.

If I haven't convinced you, watch "Archer" with a group of friends and try an "Archer" drinking game like below!

If that's not enough you can even buy, "How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and Also Cocktails Ever Written" here. I'm still waiting for my copy in the mail.