13 Cringeworthy Fashion Trends From The 2000s

Growing up during the 2000s was quite the fashion statement.

287
Huffington Post

Growing up in the early 2000s provided me with some interesting fashion statements. Celebs were all about these trends and so was I. From plastic shoes to denim on denim the options were endless. So here are my top 11 favorite trends from my childhood. Throwback to 2004!

1. Crocs

These are probably everyone's first thought when it comes to bad fashion, but we all had them. You were even cooler if you had the accessories to put on them. The more you had the cooler you thought you were.

2. Ponchos

These are a classic for every girl in grade school in the early 2000s. Don’t have a jacket? Not too cold out but still a little cool? Throw on a nice colorful poncho! No sleeves, no problems!

3. Gauchos

Before every girl just resorted to only wearing leggings, gauchos where your go to. They came in multiple colors and multiple lengths. The loose fit was really in apparently.

4. Bedazzled Jeans

Can I say bling bling? Jeans are a staple in everyone's wardrobe but in the 2000s they were taken up a notch. Walking through the halls you were on fire wearing a pair of these bad boys. Buy a nice pair or bedazzle them yourself at home. The choice was yours.

5. Frosted Lip Gloss

Frosted lips are kissing lips. Who would have thought that when girls started wearing makeup the first thing they would reach for is frosted lip gloss? The snow queen look was in all year round.

6. Clip On Hair

Have short hair but want a pony tail? Look no further than a nice clip-on hair piece. They don’t really match most people's hair that well but they get the job done. That way you don't actually have to deal with the struggle of having long hair.

7. Plastic Hair Accessories

I would say that Mary Kate and Ashley were the big trend setters for this one. At least that's where I first saw them. Straighten your hair and then add some plastic gems all over your head for a colorful night time look.

8. Low Rise Everything

Jeans, skirts, army pants, joggers. What ever bottoms you were wearing in the 2000s they were guaranteed to be the low rise version. Hip bones must have really been on trend because everyone's were showing. Make sure you suck in that stomach and be sure to never bend down because low rise pants aren't anybody's friend.

9. Flip Flop Wedges

The bigger the better. There's not much you can really say about this trend except, why?

10. Track Suits

Honestly, these could make a comeback and I’d be into it. Why would you not want to wear a matching two piece set with the word JUICY slapped across your butt? Beats me

11. Colored Lenses

I don't think these helps block the haters that much. If anything they brought them closer. JT was the king of throwing on a pair of these colorful bad boys. They don't actually block out the sun or anything but you were certainly on trend wearing them. Even at night. Totally your choice.

12. An excessive amount of logos

If you weren't wearing a plain t-shirt with Aero or Hollister splashed across the chest, what were you wearing? If you dared to wear a different type of shirt it better have the little bird in the bottom corner.

13. Plastic Chokers

These are also making a comeback. Hopefully just the black ones, though. The plastic colorful ones might need to stay back in the day. They might be a bit much for 2017 fashion.

Those are my top picks for bad trends during my childhood. If you could go back and stop yourself from wearing something what would you choose? I have way more where that came from.