Top 13 Attractions at Walt Disney World

Top 13 Attractions at Walt Disney World

These are rides you NEED to ride at least once while at Walt Disney World!

20
Top 13 Attractions at Walt Disney World

I used to live and work at Walt Disney World. I did the Disney College Program and it was one of the best experiences of my life. As a result, on days I didn't work I was constantly in the parks riding all the attractions in all of the different parks! I have yet to go back since I went back for a day last spring, but hopefully, I will be back soon to ride their newest rides! Until then I've compiled a list of the best Disney rides I've ridden and hopefully, ones you love or will love too!

1. Space Mountain

upload.wikimedia.org

This was one of the first rides I EVER rode when I was a kid. I liked it so much that I would ride it over and over again and never get sick of it. As I got older it still remained one of my all time favorites!

2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

live.staticflickr.com

I don't know why, but I rode this so often during my program after work or on days off that I now have the safety special before hand memorized! "So get ready, because this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

3. Seven Dwarves Mine Train

live.staticflickr.com

Another great ride that's not a big rollercoaster, but is still so much fun! I was able to ride this while the fireworks were going off and it was so magical! Definitely recommend riding during the fireworks, because you not only get a shorter wait but being able to ride while the show is happening makes for a super magical ride!

4. The People Mover

upload.wikimedia.org

This ride is HIGHLY underrated. It's a great ride to relax on for a little bit when you've been running around the park all day. Also, if Space Mountain happens to be down due to technical issues, you get to see it with it's lights on!

5. The Haunted Mansion

Google Image Result for https://www.wdwinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/haunted-mansion-close-up.jpg

images.app.goo.gl

This ride can be a little bit scary, but once you do it enough times you learn to love it and laugh at some of the parts during the ride! If you have children that scare easily, this one might be one to skip. However, if they're brave enough to try and go on it's a great ride!

6. Pirates of The Caribbean

upload.wikimedia.org

This is one of my favorite rides in the Magic Kingdom. They also recently updated it to include a woman pirate! It's a boat ride, and definitely not like Splash Mountain. Don't let that fool you though! It has a big drop, so you will get wet!

7. The Jungle Cruise

upload.wikimedia.org

This is one of the best rides in the Magic Kingdom. Hands down. The skippers are awesome and their jokes always make me laugh!

8. Expedition Everest

upload.wikimedia.org

Everest is one of the best coasters at Disney. Don't be surprised if you see pony tail holders along the sides of the part of the ride pictured above! It's become a tradition for people to fling their ponytails off at this point of the ride.

9. Flight of Passage

upload.wikimedia.org

This ride at Disney always has at the very least a 2 hour wait. I only rode this a few times because I could never get fast passes and the line was always so long! If you go towards park close you might get lucky and get a shorter wait time thanks to the new night time show Rivers of Light! It's truly an amazing and breathtaking ride, so if you are able to go on it highly recommend it! You may want to get to the park a couple hours before opening though so that you can go straight to Pandora or score a fastpass!

10. Test Track

upload.wikimedia.org

Test Track is a super fun ride at EPCOT and is one of the rides to also undergo some changes over the years. If you've ever wanted to see how fast a car goes then this is definitely the ride for you! Just don't wear any loose valuables or they'll fly off and get lost!

11. Soarin'

live.staticflickr.com

Soarin' is another great ride in EPCOT and a must do for the whole family. I'm one who's somewhat scared of heights and this one gives me some butterflies, but knowing safety is Disney's #1 priority and being buckled in help me to enjoy the ride a lot more! Plus, seeing and smelling different places around the world is an amazing experience!

12. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

upload.wikimedia.org

How about some backstage passes?! Many kids these days don't even now who Steven Tyler is and that is sad. However, his band Aerosmith's ride is one of THE best coasters at Disney in Hollywood Studios! Be aware that this one does go upside down though, and is an indoor coaster! The theming of it is what makes it really stand out, so props to the imagineers who worked on this ride and helped bring it to life.

13. Tower of Terror

upload.wikimedia.org

I saved my personal favorite ride for last. I used to absolutely HATE this ride when I was a child. However, as I got older it quickly became my favorite ride at Walt Disney World and is one that never gets old. I have yet to ride the Guardians version at Disneyland since they changed it over there, but I hope Disney World never changes this one as it is one that will never get old.

It can be hard to fit all attractions in, but these are ones you definitely need to add to your list of rides while you're there! These are ones that are not to be missed and some of the best attractions on Walt Disney World property.