12 Things To Start Doing

12 Things To Start Doing

Just incase you feel stuck in the swing of things.

23
12 Things To Start Doing
Google

In this day and age we get so caught up in life that we often forget to do things like taking care of ourselves, appreciating the little things, and just slowing it down a bit when we feel liike we are caught up in the hustle and bustle of this world. So here are a few things we all should start doing from now on:

1. Drink a lot of water and green tea.

Not only to stay hydrated, but ice water is refreshing and rejuvenating, and green tea has amazing benefits such as; improving brain function, speeding up your metabolism, burning fat, and it contains compounds that improve your overall health.

2. Do not compare yourself to other people.

You are your own person. Of course, everyone has moments of self doubt, or moments where you wish you had someone else's body or someone else's life. But you are your own person and for every quality you admire in someone else, there is another person wishing they were more like you. Try your best to be happy with yourself.

3. Read a book.

We all know that technology has basically taken us over at this point. We spend so much time watching TV, sitting on our phones, and scrolling through the internet that people often forget how enjoyable reading a book is, and no, not on a Kindle or an iPad..a good old fashioned paperback. Trust me, it can take you to a whole different world and can really help you de-stress.

4. Try to start yoga or meditation.

I started doing yoga a few years ago and it surpassed my expectations. It not only clears your mind, it improves your flexibility, your strength, burns fat, and it is extremely relaxing. While meditation can be rewarding but extremely tricky, you could also just try to sit in silence with no distractions for a few minutes and you would be surprised how much better you feel afterwards.

5. Change your portion sizes.

This is a hard one and I am definitely guilty of this. Instead of what most of us usually do, which is eat a small (if any) breakfast, a medium sized lunch, and then a big dinner. Try to switch it around. Have a big breakfast, this will keep you focused throughout the day and you have ample time to burn off all of those calories, eat an average lunch to keep you going and give you a mid-day boost, and a tiny dinner, this way all that food isn't just sitting in you stomach right at the end of the day or before you go to sleep.

6. Go for a walk or a bike ride.

It's good to get out of your house once in a while, especially in the nicer weather. Not only do you get some exercise, you can enjoy the fresh air and take up a chance to explore a part of your neighborhood that maybe you haven't had a chance to yet. Grab a friend and make it a date.

7. Clean up your space.

Wherever that may be, maybe your mess is in your bedroom, office, or your kitchen. Tidy up, it helps the brain and the body to be in a space of organization and tidiness. It helps you focus and feel better and you will be much happier the next time you walk in to that room.

8. Listen to music.

I don't know about everyone, but for me and most of the people I know, music has helped us through the best of times and the worst of times. You would be surprised by how much a mood or atmosphere can change with good music. Had a crappy day at work? Put on some headphones and take some time to yourself. I guarantee you will feel better.

9. Get rid of things you don't need.

Yes, I am sure you loved the stuffed animal your grandma got you for your tenth birthday, and I'm sure the pasta art that you made in third grade really means a lot to your mom. But there comes a time when you need to let go. Whether it is things like that cluttering your room with decrepit items of sentimental value or things like a dozen empty water bottles or empty chip bags. Get rid of garbage, put things that you do not need into storage or maybe realize it is time to toss them. Make some room for the present.

10. Wear clothes that make you feel good.

Who cares what that boy thinks? Who cares what your friend thinks? So what if they are staring? It is your life and it is your body, you are not dressing yourself for anyone else. Show yourself off, if you are happy about the way you look in something, wear it.

11. Make peace with your past.

And if you cant make peace with it, that's okay. But don't dwell so hard on it that it takes away from your future.

12. Remember that all the effort you put in now will pay off in the end.

I know school is hard, work is hard, relationships are hard. Most everything in this life that is worth anything isn't easy. But keep pushing, because in the end you will be great and everything you are going through to get there will be worth it.