12 Reasons I'm The Who Can't Wait For Cold Weather

From winter fashion to the sense of community felt during colder months, winter and fall are my favorite times of the year.

413

It's finally September, which means that fall, and cold weather, are just around the corner. As a self-professed lover of everything fall and winter, I couldn't be happier that it's now that time of year.

With the cold weather come a plethora of my favorite activities, foods, clothing choices and holidays; here are 12 reasons I can't wait for fall and winter.

1. Hot drinks.

There's nothing like a cup of steaming hot chocolate, coffee or tea on a cold winter night. It just makes me feel warm inside, literally and figuratively.

2. Fuzzy socks.

Nothing beats that pair of battered white penguin fuzzy socks that I pull out of the depths of my closet every time the temperature drops beneath 70.

3. Fashion hacks.

Want your legs to look more sculpted? Put on a pair of high-heeled boots. Your hair feels greasy or looks bad? Tuck it up in a wool hat. Haven't shaved your legs in a month and a half? Jeans are your best friend. The list is endless. Winter fashion has it all.

4. Snow.

As a native Georgian, snow is a beloved and uncommon occurrence, and it's always exciting to pull out that dusty box of snow clothes on the rare occasions that we have enough snowfall to stick. Snowball fights, sledding and building igloos and snowmen is definitely something I miss come the 95-degree summer months.

5. The colors.

This applies more to fall than winter (which is not to say that winter's icy blues, frost-whites and smoky lavenders aren't gorgeous too). But walking outside to see the trees aflame with gold, red and orange leaves is always beautiful.

6. Boots.

I have three pairs of knee- or thigh-high combat boots, three pairs of short high-heeled boots, a pair of a black combat boots, two pairs of cowgirl boots, and a pair of flat brown-leather boots. I am a lover of boots, and fall and winter is the perfect time to wear them (though I have been known to wear them in summer as well, when I'm in the mood).

7. Big sweaters.

In the same vein as boots, big, baggy sweaters are the best. If you're insecure about your body, sweaters can make you feel a little more confident (at least for a little while), and they're just so cozy and warm.

8. Actually getting to use the fireplace.

Glorious. Simply glorious. When it's cold, windy and dark outside and you're warming yourself next to a roaring fire inside... there are few greater pleasures.

9. Cuddling.

If you're as touchy-feely as me, cuddling is one of the best parts about low temperatures, whether it's with your friends or a significant other.

10. Halloween.

Who doesn't love costumes, free candy and cold weather?

11. Thanksgiving.

Such an underrated holiday. Sitting around with your family eating turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and other delicious Thanksgiving classics is one of the best times of year.

12. Christmas.

Christmas is great and not just for the getting-stuff part. It's a time of year when, despite all the materialism depicted in the media, you're reminded of the important things in life, like family, love, faith and kindness.

The months of fall and winter are some of the best of the year; cold weather, and the fashion, feelings and family time associated with it, always manages to put a smile on my face. Even when it's 10 degrees and snowing outside, the allure of hot chocolate, fuzzy socks and spending time with loved ones is why I love it so much, and I can't wait for the temperatures to start dropping.