12 Signs You've Hit The Sophomore Slump

12 Signs You've Hit The Sophomore Slump

It's time to admit there's a problem we need to deal with.

17
12 Signs You've Hit The Sophomore Slump
Team Education Consulting

I’d like to believe I’ve been handling life fairly well. With my volunteer programs, work schedule, and class schedule I’ve been staying busy. I normally prefer to keep a busy schedule because when I get that small slice of relaxation, I’m done for. I’m talking sleeping for hours, sometimes days; not wanting to study for class and finding people to cover my shifts at work so I don’t have to move. Yes, it’s true. The sophomore slump is real and it hits hard. If you’re a sophomore struggling with the same issues I currently am, I’m here to tell you you’re not alone!

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Here's a few signs you're falling into the sophomore slump:

1. Picking a major.

Wait, so we actually have to figure out the rest of our lives...this is the beginning of the end isn't it?

2. Is napping a major?

I don't think I'm the only one that would receive an A if napping was a major.

3. Your planner makes you cringe.

It's color coded by assignments and tests but also by classes. It looks more like a double rainbow than an actual agenda with all the homework that's due.

4. Assignments take days to finish.

5. Motivational signs hung on the walls.

It's sad but true. Having posters of baby kittens saying 'you can do it' is more motivational than your parents saying it sometimes.

6. Go out or sleep, decisions decisions.

We've all been there before. Is it smarter to get some sleep or should I actually be social for the night? We question our social lives a little more this year and whether or not it's worth the no sleep.

7. Netflix Binge.

If I'm being honest, I've finished three series within four weeks and I have no shame.

8. Cancelled plans.

It's okay, I'm sure you're not the only one that's fallen asleep instead of going to dinner with your friends. (Sleep really does rule your life in college).

9. Hanging out is binge eating/emotional breakdowns.

If you're close with your roommates, you've probably had a few nights of hysterical crying together trying to figure out your life. It's also probably ended in eating tubs of ice cream and doughnuts.

10. Thoughts of dropping out.

If I drop out now, how long will my parents let me live off their money? Is it possible to just become a millionaire through the lottery or fame?

11. To exercise or not to exercise, that is the question.

12. You read this article instead of doing homework.

You are truly stuck in the Sophomore Slump! Don't let it run your life though.